Yankees deliver another ass-kicking

Comments

• Reply 21 of 66
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    Oh, ok, I'll try not to be big-headed near a Yankees fan.

Go to sleep Applenut, seriously, you're going to have a stroke. (At 'Nova anyway )

Better luck next year. Good series.
  • Reply 22 of 66
    buckeyebuckeye Posts: 358member
    Quote:

Originally posted by applenut

let me remind you, the curse has jackshit to do with beating the yankees. you still have a ways to go. don't get too big of a head or you might get clubbed and killed before you know it.

should be a fucking insane weekend in boston, head of the charles and the world series. gotta love it.

Now it's "gotta love it". What a joke.

Quote:

Applenut - "The Red Sox are the biggest bunch of flakes I've ever seen."

Get off the bandwagon dork.
  • Reply 23 of 66
  • Reply 24 of 66

Yeah yeah, we need to win the World Series still. But beating the Yanks at their home is too sweet for words.

Never doubted the Sox for a minute. Even game 7 being at New York didn't bother me. I said last night, geek that I am, "to defeat the Empire, you gotta take the fight to the Death Star".

Looking forward to the World Series, I kinda want it to be STL but Houston would have a nice Bush vs. Kerry element to it.

Red socks and flip-flops, killer combo
  • Reply 25 of 66
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Astros vs. Red Sox would would mean the 3rd WS win in a row for a Wild Card team.
  • Reply 26 of 66
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Quote:

Originally posted by johnq

Oh, ok, I'll try not to be big-headed near a Yankees fan.

Go to sleep Applenut, seriously, you're going to have a stroke. (At 'Nova anyway )

Better luck next year. Good series.

see, yankee fans have a reason to have a big head. red sox fans do not. 26 world championships kind of give NY fans that right. where as not winning since 1918 kind of doesn't for you.

Quote:

Now it's "gotta love it". What a joke.

what a joke?

As much of a yankee fan I am I am a baseball fan. The red sox being in their first world series since 86 and the Head of the Charles going on at the same time are very exciting and will make Boston a pretty crazy place to be in come saturday and sunday. Fortunately I will be on my flight to the charles tonight bitch.

Quote:

Get off the bandwagon dork.

believe me. there is no bandwagon that I'm jumping on, except whoever wins the NLCS.
  • Reply 27 of 66
    Quote:

see, yankee fans have a reason to have a big head. red sox fans do not. 26 world championships kind of give NY fans that right. where as not winning since 1918 kind of doesn't for you.

<---- Yup. Classic Yankees Fan sense of entitlement... God bless...

Sometimes ya gotta work for the win though. You could see that "We'll beat the Red Sox. We always do" attitude in the last few games. Relying on the late rallys (that never came).

Actually Arod suits the Yankees to a tee.

And no, enjoying a historic win is not equivalent to having a big head. Yankees played well (obviously since it went to seven games), Boston won, and Red Sox fans are enjoying it. No big heads, just pure enjoyment. In your face exuberance. Same as you'd give.

Yankees are so 'yesterday', anyway. Next! We have to face STL or HOU, neither of which is a cakewalk.

We have a score to settle with STL.
  • Reply 28 of 66
    Quote:

<---- Yup. Classic Yankees Fan sense of entitlement... God bless...

Sometimes ya gotta work for the win though. You could see that "We'll beat the Red Sox. We always do" attitude in the last few games. Relying on the late rallys (that never came).

Actually Arod suits the Yankees to a tee.

And no, enjoying a historic win is not equivalent to having a big head. Yankees played well (obviously since it went to seven games), Boston won, and Red Sox fans are enjoying it. No big heads, just pure enjoyment. In your face exuberance. Same as you'd give.

Yankees are so 'yesterday', anyway. Next! We have to face STL or HOU, neither of which is a cakewalk.

We have a score to settle with STL.

hey, no doubt. this was afterall, one of the best ALCS ever, at least in my history. The Yankees, as I said (elsewhere maybe) just lacked the heart, character, and talent in their pitching staff. That has always been what made them win. You can't expect to win a game 7 when you give up 10 runs. Slugging team or not.
  • Reply 29 of 66
    Quote:

hey, no doubt. this was afterall, one of the best ALCS ever, at least in my history. The Yankees, as I said (elsewhere maybe) just lacked the heart, character, and talent in their pitching staff. That has always been what made them win. You can't expect to win a game 7 when you give up 10 runs. Slugging team or not.

It gets REAL interesting next year. God knows what Bosox or Yanks will look like by then.
  • Reply 30 of 66
    Quote:

It gets REAL interesting next year. God knows what Bosox or Yanks will look like by then.

oh god. i wouldnt be surprised if after today brown and vasquez were gone, the right center field fence was moved in a foot, the right field fence moved back 10 feet and the right field foul pole chopped in half

The yankees are for sure going to look totally different. When you look at their pitching staff, its very difficult to find people worth keeping. I'd say Rivera and Mussina are safe, but as for the others..... pack well, you won't be missed.
  • Reply 31 of 66
    Quote:

oh god. i wouldnt be surprised if after today brown and vasquez were gone, the right center field fence was moved in a foot, the right field fence moved back 10 feet and the right field foul pole chopped in half

The yankees are for sure going to look totally different. When you look at their pitching staff, its very difficult to find people worth keeping. I'd say Rivera and Mussina are safe, but as for the others..... pack well, you won't be missed.

Both teams are going to be tossed salads by next spring. I just hope the Yanks have people worthy of my hate
  • Reply 32 of 66
    awww....

awww....

Those might change/break later. If so, they linked to Ticketmaster World Series links for the Yanks. Funny that they never put up Red Sox versions. (pre-win) Hmmm.
  • Reply 33 of 66
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    Quote:

Yankees deliver another ass-kicking

. . . .HAHAHAHAHA

and I don't even care about baseball . . . .

but anyway

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

& great catch johnq . . . wonder how long till they catch that.
  • Reply 34 of 66
    Been doing my "I-don't-wanna-hear-nothing-about-some-dumbass-curse-dance" all morning long.

BuonRotto, we're so fixated on beating the Yankees for two reasons. First reason: we play them so damn much. They're in our division. There's almost no way for us to get to the World Series unless we beat them. Which leads me to reason number two: they're good. They are always good. If you want to make yourself better, measure yourself against the best. The Yankees may not always be the best but they're usually not far from it. And we beat 'em. We took their best punch. Got up off the mat and beat 'em.

http://bostondirtdogs.boston.com/Hea..._10.20bgjd.jpg

http://bostondirtdogs.boston.com/Hea...10.20_gett.jpg

Seven down, four to go.
  • Reply 35 of 66
    Quote:

Originally posted by pfflam

& great catch johnq . . . wonder how long till they catch that.

um... i already had printed World Series game 1 at Yankee stadium tickets. this isn't too weird or embarrassing.
  • Reply 36 of 66
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    Heh, I had tickets to World Series Game 1 at Fenway last year. I'm glad they decided to wait until the ALCS was over before selling them but it's going to be incredibly difficult to get them out to people in time for Saturday's game.....
  • Reply 37 of 66
    I can't believe the MLB playoff bracket shaped up exactly as I drew it up.

Only things left to happen are HOU over StL, and HOU over BOS in 7. Congradulations Red Sox, and give it a rest Yankees fans. The arms race between your teams (along with Bud Selig and the East Coast-biased mediots) has hurt national interest in baseball as much as it's helped.

Although I fully expect the NL to take the WS, I'm sure ESPN, FOX, and the rest of the media will continue fellating Barry Bonds and the Yankees-Sox feud while annoying the rest of the sport.
  • Reply 38 of 66
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gizzmonic

I can't believe the MLB playoff bracket shaped up exactly as I drew it up.

Only things left to happen are HOU over StL, and HOU over BOS in 7. Congradulations Red Sox, and give it a rest Yankees fans. The arms race between your teams (along with Bud Selig and the East Coast-biased mediots) has hurt national interest in baseball as much as it's helped.

when an entire college campus 3,000 miles away (and predominantly asian none the less) from both team's cities gets into a series i don't see how it has hurt national interest at all.

Seems more like this series brought a hell of a lot more people to baseball and brought back a lot of old fans who have been lost over the years.

Stop being bitter about living in a small market.
  • Reply 39 of 66
    Quote:

when an entire college campus 3,000 miles away (and predominantly asian none the less) from both team's cities gets into a series i don't see how it has hurt national interest at all.

Baseball is structured so that 'small market' teams profit the most from dumping their talent.

Two weeks of interest is great in the short term, but hundreds of meaningless games played each year is not.

Would you root for the Blue Jays, Orioles or D'Rays knowing that they have basically no chance of competing, and even if they do, their best players will be playing against them as soon as they can?

The answer to this problem is a salary cap. America's most popular professional sports organization, the NFL, gets this. Without it, the Yanks and Sox will continue to be big fish in a small pond compared to the NFL.

Quote:

Stop being bitter about living in a small market.

St. Louis? A small market? Not for baseball, friend. And the Astros are considered middle-of-the-pack, although they do have some of the best attendance numbers this year (medium sized park).

Anyway, I'm sure we'll hear more about the Yankees implosion tonight on SportsCenter than we will about Game 7 of the NLCS. And I'm sure FOX will cut into the Astros Cardinals game to show clips of Boston v. NY even while the ball is live, as is their habit. Maybe they'll even find a way to work in Barry Bonds...
  • Reply 40 of 66
    then quit complaining.

spend more money or shut up.