Einstein was right yet again.

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
For all you physics nuts or physics dabblers: http://news.scotsman.com/latest.cfm?id=3659771

Space is indeed dragged by particles as the particles move. Einstein saw this in his head and on large sheets of paper a little less than 100 years ago and we are just now getting to the point where we can prove it. Gotta give the guy credit--no socks, same suit, funky hair, eccentric, super genius. And, if the movies arfe correct he invented beer (I know it was a crappy movie).

Enjoy.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    marcukmarcuk Posts: 4,442member
    Einstein was so wrong. I will not tell you again. The world was created in 4004 BC by YHVH, and the speed of light was 10 billion times faster then than it is now, and redshifts because the universe rotates around the centre. Oh, and 8 people built the pyramids.

GOT IT YET?
  • Reply 2 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by faust9

For all you physics nuts or physics dabblers: http://news.scotsman.com/latest.cfm?id=3659771

Space is indeed dragged by particles as the particles move. Einstein saw this in his head and on large sheets of paper a little less than 100 years ago and we are just now getting to the point where we can prove it. Gotta give the guy credit--no socks, same suit, funky hair, eccentric, super genius. And, if the movies arfe correct he invented beer (I know it was a crappy movie).

Enjoy.

All I have to say is that "Young Einstein" was not a crappy movie. When I was much younger it was my favorite movie. (About the time it came out). I just saw it again the other day, and I have to say that it's very clever.

And, oh yes, don't be another boring troll, MarcUK. Young Einstein was much more clever than your jaded, tangential remark.
  • Reply 3 of 11
    Beer was first introduced by the Egyptians several millennia before Einstein.

As for the frame dragging effect of at least 2m a year, confirmation is big news.

Einstein's Warped View of Space Confirmed
  • Reply 4 of 11
    faust9faust9 Posts: 1,335member
    Quote:

Originally posted by curiousuburb

Beer was first introduced by the Egyptians several millennia before Einstein.

As for the frame dragging effect of at least 2m a year, confirmation is big news.

Einstein's Warped View of Space Confirmed

Haven't seen Young Einstein then have you?
  • Reply 5 of 11
    The Tim Robbins one with Walter Matthau as Albert?

Oh wait... maybe I'm confusing it with

If you're referring to the Yahoo Serious flick, yes. Seen it.

Robbins film is superior, IMO.
  • Reply 6 of 11
    faust9faust9 Posts: 1,335member
    Quote:

The Tim Robbins one with Walter Matthau as Albert?

Oh wait... maybe I'm confusing it with

If you're referring to the Yahoo Serious flick, yes. Seen it.

Robbins film is superior, IMO.

The crappy Yahoo serious flick was what I was refering to (hence my reference).
  • Reply 7 of 11
    this brings up a good point. Why arent there any great movies about Albert Einstein? We have sequels to every crappy horror film ever made (the new Anaconda flick comes to mind). This guy was one of the most brilliant eccentric people of all time and we keep making sequels to nightmare on elm street. Bleh..I'm done thinking about it.
  • Reply 8 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by Playmaker

this brings up a good point. Why arent there any great movies about Albert Einstein? We have sequels to every crappy horror film ever made (the new Anaconda flick comes to mind). This guy was one of the most brilliant eccentric people of all time and we keep making sequels to nightmare on elm street. Bleh..I'm done thinking about it.

Lowest. Common. Denominator.

Hollywood tends to think we want Dumb and dumberereerer.

A Beautiful Mind is relatively rare as far as scientific biographical fiction goes.

There are some great books (and websites) riffing on "Einstein's Dreams".

Fascinating, if you're into it.
  • Reply 9 of 11
    Quote:

There are some great books (and websites) riffing on "Einstein's Dreams".

Fascinating, if you're into it.

i loved einsteins dreams, it was such a great little book!!!
  • Reply 10 of 11
    The "Official Home Page" has some nice links.

As I recall, there were some plays and public art projects on the theme in Vancouver in 99.

One of the local multimedia companies released an interactive CDROM 'companion' to the book, but I can't find links to it other than in the bios or resumes of folks who built it.

Great bedside or travel reading.
  • Reply 11 of 11
    I don't think Yahoo Serious would say Young Einstein was really meant to be a film about Einstein. And it sure as hell wasn't made by Hollywood. IIRC, it was an independent movie, he raised the $'s himself and most of the extras in it were his friends and family working for nix.