tv-be-gone

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
http://www.tvbegone.com/

wow, finally a remote control to shut off ALL TVs? I cant wait to try this out at a local sports bar when they refuse to let me watch hockey. Click! Bye-bye!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    Someone needs to attach an extender and take out the whole neighborhood. I'll hook it up to my car and have it run on a continuous loop.
  • Reply 2 of 13
    gilschgilsch Posts: 1,995member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Outsider

Someone needs to attach an extender and take out the whole neighborhood. I'll hook it up to my car and have it run on a continuous loop.

I've just started work on tv-be-gone-gone? to counter smartasses like you.
  • Reply 3 of 13
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    yea, i think it's lame that an average american watches tv 8 hours a day, and fscks 1 minute a day. that's like totally screwed up. i think instead of a remote to switch off the tv, just do something more fun for as much time as you'd otherwise spend watching tv.
  • Reply 4 of 13
    Quote:

Originally posted by Giaguara

yea, i think it's lame that an average american watches tv 8 hours a day, and fscks 1 minute a day. that's like totally screwed up. i think instead of a remote to switch off the tv, just do something more fun for as much time as you'd otherwise spend watching tv.

I don't use fsck all that much. In fact, I never use it.

Europeans watch a lot of television as well. Perhaps more, since the work-day is generally shorter. I think the 8 hrs might be a bit off, given that most working Americans spend 9 to 10 hours a day on the way to or at work.

If you meant to say that American's don't involve themselves with casual sex very often, you'll have a difficult time proving it. In the end you might be right, but there's nothing particularly valuable about casual sex in comparison to television watching.
  • Reply 5 of 13
    Well, not just casual sex. Any sex. I thought an average American would watch tv like 3-4 hours a day, and I remember argueing about this (how many hours of tv they watch / day) very recently, it ending 8 hours is in total closer to the 4 (which comes from 10 years ago).

Europeans work less? Maybe. Most people here spend 42- 50 hours a week, (excluding time to get to work or home), some more, and I typically am here 10-14 hours / day x 5 days a week, plus sometimes up to 10 hours / day on weekends.

What I wanted to ask is why is TV so much more common to watch when you could do something else ..?

Quote:

If you meant to say that American's don't involve themselves with casual sex very often, you'll have a difficult time proving it. In the end you might be right, but there's nothing particularly valuable about casual sex in comparison to television watching.

Well, I don't know if I need to even try to prove that. I don't even remember when I did .. anything .. with a European. I'm not interested personally in how often the Average Joe Americans do it, I just care on improving how often I personally do it with the American I happen to like.
  • Reply 6 of 13
    Too much TV??

How much time do you sit before your computer vs. the time before your TV?

And why would ANYONE care what others do in the privacy of their own brains... or not?

Mute the world!!!
  • Reply 7 of 13
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Humm...too bad most tvs work on IR, so the barkeep, or tv owner could easily spot the troublemaker by looking for the guy holding the clicker...
  • Reply 8 of 13
    dorndorn Posts: 28member
    Hmm...

Wonder if one of those would work in Vegas... You know those big rooms where ppl bet on all the sports and the only feature of the room is a HUGE wall of TVs

Anyone have one of these I can try there
  • Reply 9 of 13
    cakecake Posts: 1,010member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Dorn

Anyone have one of these I can try there

Do you have a Palm Pilot?

I used to do this years ago with my Palm.

There was this free remote program (forgot the name) that you could make your own button and "sample" in the function that you wanted to emulate.

I used it in a bar that my friends and I used to frequent.

It was fun for a minute watching the barkeep try and figure out what was wrong with the TV.
  • Reply 10 of 13
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    I am SO getting one of these.

hehe, I just thought about the irony of this seeing that I work for a satellite company.

I don't think they should let me close to the control center anytime soon
  • Reply 11 of 13
    Can I get one of these for Wintel boxes?
  • Reply 12 of 13
    Quote:

Originally posted by Splinemodel

but there's nothing particularly valuable about casual sex in comparison to television watching.

Sex is good for your cardio-vascular system. (with protection of course). Anyone who compares sex to watching TV needs to ease off on self-satisfaction and get some real action.
  • Reply 13 of 13
    Quote:

Originally posted by talksense101

Sex is good for your cardio-vascular system. (with protection of course). Anyone who compares sex to watching TV needs to ease off on self-satisfaction and get some real action.

yea. hehe. no tv in bedroom at least .. i watched like 5 minutes tv the other day to socialize with my new roomies .. hm. was thinking of installing an iMac G5 on my bedroom wall so we can watch movies in bed though.. at least movies (cartoons etc), so there will be no place or need for tv ...