Cram and Jam question...

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I used cram and jam to by my 12 inch ibook ("Harry") and 4G 20 GB ipod ("Ron") back in late August

My friend did the same, although she got stuck witth the 3G 15 GB. She got a letter from apple the other day saying that since the rebate was not postmarked within 30 days of purchase, it is void. I'm not sure when I postmarked mine, but I'm worried that I won't get the money. I read the fine print and didn't see the 30 day thing and everyone, including the people at the Apple Store told me that I had until November to send it in. Did anyone else have this problem? And do you think calling, writing and/or emailing Apple and complaining/threatening will do any good?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    mcqmcq Posts: 1,543member
    Check your status online:

http://wsidecar.apple.com/cgi-bin/query.pl

If there was such a stipulation, then it is likely that they will not fulfill the rebate. Part of the reason rebates are used is for people who do miss a criteria on the rebate... easy way for the company to not fulfill it.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    mr. hmr. h Posts: 4,870member
    The 30 day requirement is clearly stated in the Terms and Conditions. The US Terms and Conditions appear at the bottom of this PDF:

Cram and Jam PDF

I assume that all other countries running this promotion have similar Terms and Conditions. I know the UK does because I made use of the promotion.

In the PDF it says, amongst other important things:

"the envelope enclosing your completed original coupon, proof of purchase, and UPC/bar code labels must be postmarked within 30 days of your purchase date and received no later than November 15, 2004"

As MCQ states, these promotions are structured as mail-in rebates because a significant percentage of people either can't be bothered, or don't follow the instructions properly. You may think it's a bit mean, but the terms and conditions are right there on the coupon for you to read.