iTunes Music Store in Australia.

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I know there has been a lot of clamour recently about the Music Store opening in the Nederlands and Australia, but I just thought I'd mention that as of this morning I'm unable to even browse any of the four stores.

It still says the message "The iTunes Music Store is not available in your country yet" but on clicking 'OK' it takes you firstly to the country selection screen, and then back to the prior message.

It could be a number of things I guess, but could it be this is the week that we see the store opening over here?

After reading this:

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...threadid=47308

I'd say it's likely.

WOOHOO!!

Jimzip

Comments

• Reply 2 of 22
    And still the same thing at 5.30 this arvo. I couldn't have cared less until Impact Records closed down (Life is sooooooooo unfair! Sob.)

Now I've changed my tune.

Bring it on Apple. And make sure there's a decent selection.

So if the event thingy isn't until 26/10 in the US, I wonder if we're still going to have to wait another day.
  • Reply 3 of 22
    zoranszorans Posts: 187member
    I hate JB HiFi.
  • Reply 4 of 22
    jimzipjimzip Posts: 446member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ZoranS

I hate JB HiFi.

lol

But so many products at affordable prices!!

Jimzip
  • Reply 5 of 22
    Cruel, heartless Melbournian. You don't know our pain.
  • Reply 6 of 22
    idunnoidunno Posts: 645member
    By the time Apple launches here they will be the last company to have an on line music store. Bigpond has one, most others... .hell even Big M flavoured milk has a music download site (www.bigmmusic.com)... funnily enough they are going the Pepsi promotion route, buy a Big M and you get a free download.

C'mon Apple.... why be the industry leader everywhere else, and always last down here?

iDunno
  • Reply 7 of 22
    Jimzip... I got thru to the US store no probs just then. It took me to the warning page, as normal, I clicked okay, and then it proceeded straight to the US store.

But hopefully we will get it here anyway.... even if the bug has been sorted out.

iDunno
  • Reply 8 of 22
    Quote:

Originally posted by iDunno

Jimzip... I got thru to the US store no probs just then. It took me to the warning page, as normal, I clicked okay, and then it proceeded straight to the US store.

But hopefully we will get it here anyway.... even if the bug has been sorted out.

iDunno

Beat me by that much.

Yep, I'm getting through. Lots of broken links but that's probably my crappy internets connection.

I'm going to be totally pessimistic. Then the only way is up.

Ain't gonna happen. We've had our hopes raised and dashed several times before.
  • Reply 9 of 22
    Quote:

Originally posted by crazychester

Beat me by that much.

Yep, I'm getting through. Lots of broken links but that's probably my crappy internets connection.

I'm going to be totally pessimistic. Then the only way is up.

Ain't gonna happen. We've had our hopes raised and dashed several times before.

Yeah I really don't think it is going to happen.... these sorts of things usually leak out... at the mo' the only people who believe it are Apple users... Not very reliable.

It won't happen for years.

iDunno

PS. Playing Devils Advocate is kinda fun.
  • Reply 10 of 22
    Quote:

It won't happen for years.

PS. Playing Devils Advocate is kinda fun.

We'll become a republic before we get iTMS.

That guy from Blue Heelers will win a Logie before it happens.

The Kiwis will get it before us!
  • Reply 11 of 22
    Quote:

Originally posted by crazychester

We'll become a republic before we get iTMS.

That guy from Blue Heelers will win a Logie before it happens.

The Kiwis will get it before us!

They can our Dole.... But I'll be damned if they get our iTMS!!!!!!!!!!!!

(j/k for all those Kiwi's)
  • Reply 12 of 22
    Um.. Yes of course!

I also do not believe that we will ever get the iTunes Music store..

In another hundred years Australia will be the only continent on Earth that does not have it, and even people living on Mars and Venus will be able to access it via satellite.. Yes.. Yes yes..

Jimzip
  • Reply 13 of 22
    Then, long after we're all dead and buried and have returned to the elements from whence we came, on one fateful Tuesday in 2246, iTMS Australia will finally launch.

And the only available tracks will be:

- 5 different versions of Julie Anthony singing the national anthem

- Nikki Webster's Greatest Hits (Vol. 2)

- Warwick Capper's "I Only Take What's Mine"
  • Reply 14 of 22
    ROFL

Don't forget your other favourite classics, the Hanson brother's heads (Futurama style) singing like Mmm-Bop, and the Jackson Mendoza tribute album, at only $99.99 per track! It's a steal!

Jimzip
  • Reply 15 of 22
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jimzip

ROFL

Don't forget your other favourite classics, the Hanson brother's heads (Futurama style) singing like Mmm-Bop, and the Jackson Mendoza tribute album, at only $99.99 per track! It's a steal!

Jimzip

Yes, but something tells me that they will still only be offering Bec Cartwright's album at 99 cents.
  • Reply 16 of 22
    Quote:

Yes, but something tells me that they will still only be offering Bec Cartwright's album at 99 cents.

Well.... looks like we were right... in playing devils advocate.

No store for us. Teeny tiny little European countries get it... but not us.

iDunno
  • Reply 17 of 22
    Quote:

Well.... looks like we were right... in playing devils advocate.

No store for us. Teeny tiny little European countries get it... but not us.

iDunno

Greece! Do you know how many iPod owners/Mac users there are in Greece? 3. That's right even fewer than Oz. Luxemborg. Jesus H. Christ.

Yep. Everything's going according to plan. When I first saw this rumour started in the Fin Review I had my doubts. All these dud iTMS Oz rumours have spawned from one of the major dailies.

Canada's there next month. But the total lack of any mention of us is a bad sign. Still at least the Kiwis are still out in the cold too.

I think that stupid thing with our copyright laws which means it's actually illegal to transfer music to an iPod is still in effect. I wonder if that has anything to do with this. I shudder at the idea that a federal copyright law might need to be revised before Apple can legally sell online music here. We really will be waiting centuries if that's the case.

I'm gonna go pick Barto's brain when I get the chance.
  • Reply 18 of 22
    azazaazaza Posts: 19member
    Quote:

They can our Dole.... But I'll be damned if they get our iTMS!!!!!!!!!!!!

(j/k for all those Kiwi's)

Our (in)famous former Prime Minister, Robert Muldoon, said once that the exodus of Kiwi's to Australia served only to raise the average IQ of both countries. <g>
  • Reply 19 of 22
    Quote:

Originally posted by azaza

Our (in)famous former Prime Minister, Robert Muldoon, said once that the exodus of Kiwi's to Australia served only to raise the average IQ of both countries. <g>

lol..

But the whole iTMS issue over here is kinda getting annoying. I wish they'd just get it over with!!

*goes & sits in corner rocking back and forth*

Jimzip
  • Reply 20 of 22
    *joins jimzip in foetal position*

please Apple...... enough of the crappy little EU countries!!!!!

*insert apology to anyone from these places here*

Australia needs iTMS!!!!!