The Canon XL2...

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Hello,

Has anyone used the Canon XL2?

There's so many features on this camera I don't know where to start!

I'm making a video here at work and wanted ot know if anyone knew to get the most out of this awesome camera.

The picture quality is insane!

But other than pointing and shooting I don't know what else to do or anything I could set on it...

Please help!!

Thanks!!!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    Quote:

Originally posted by O-Mac

Hello,

Has anyone used the Canon XL2?

There's so many features on this camera I don't know where to start!

I'm making a video here at work and wanted ot know if anyone knew to get the most out of this awesome camera.

The picture quality is insane!

But other than pointing and shooting I don't know what else to do or anything I could set on it...

Please help!!

Thanks!!!

remember to take off the lense cap!
  • Reply 2 of 4
    amoryaamorya Posts: 1,103member
    We have an XL1. I like it a lot more than some of the other cameras I've used, because you don't have to use the software to get to vital functions like exposure compensation and shutter speed - they have their own little buttons.

Make sure you're not on automatic mode (that's the green square on the mode dial IIRC) - then try playing with the settings. Zoom and focus are on the turny rings around the lens. Have a search for shutter speed, aperture size, etc... and just try them. You can learn the theory from google, but just playing with all the different functions will help you to learn what works.

Amorya
  • Reply 3 of 4
    o-maco-mac Posts: 777member
    Are there any sites out there that give good tutorials or advice on camera technique? I have some good books but I'm looking for more info...
  • Reply 4 of 4
    trowatrowa Posts: 176member
    you might want to check out:

camcorderinfo

dvinfo

dv.com

all those sites have info on cameras and forums to ask questions.

The best thing to do is just go out and shoot and get a feel for the camera. You can read all the info you want but the best way to learn is by going out there and be hands on.

How is the 4:3 footage from the camera? Is there a remarkable difference compared to 16:9?