Apple preparing to release new Tiger builds to developers

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Apple Computer is gearing up to provide its "Select" Apple Developer Connection (ADC) members with newer builds of its next generation Tiger operating system, several sources are reporting. The new builds could arrive as soon as this weekend.

Earlier this week, the company reportedly provided its more exclusive "Premier" ADC members with Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger build 8A269. Although this build is significantly newer than the version of Tiger provided to developers in June, its said to be several weeks behind the builds that are floating around Apple's Cupertino campus.

AppleInsider articles have covered builds of Tiger into the 8A28x range. Inside Apple, the Mac OS X development team is reportedly approaching the 8A3xx milestone. Further details will be published as they become available.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    Hmmm...

The way exclusive is being used could mean that Premier members are more exclusive due the fees we pay (as compared to the rest) or it could be used as saying only a subset of the Premier members got the build.

Due to NDA and all that crap I can't say much but I know I ain't seen nothing in my mailbox as of late...

Dave
  • Reply 2 of 4
    dfilerdfiler Posts: 3,420member
    Isn't that just the name of one of the ADC tiers?

There are many types of ADC membership. Some aren't really publicized and involve just a handful of companies.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    Quote:

Originally posted by dfiler

Isn't that just the name of one of the ADC tiers?

There are many types of ADC membership. Some aren't really publicized and involve just a handful of companies.

Yes it is the name of a tier...

I am in that tier (job pays the bill thank goodness)

My mailbox is empty (no packages from Apple this week)

Maybe it was just a poorly worded statement:

"more exclusive "Premier" ADC members "

Could define Premier ADC as 'more exclusive' - given the cost this would be correct..

or

Could be saying that only SOME OF THE 'more exclusive' Premier ADC members got seeded. (this seems to be the case given that where I work wouldn't be considered 'exclusive' tied with the fact that I haven't been seeded...

Dave
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Apparently 8A294 is up for ADC members.