Apple introduces black and red U2 iPod

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 37
    Quote:

Originally posted by Flounder

Why are you complaining about the price? It's meant for U2 fans who are willing to shell out a bit more for the autographs on the back, the poster and the funky color scheme. OF COURSE it's more expensive!

I'm a U2 fan but I'm not 12 years old. I'm not paying $50 for an "exclusive poster" when I could get a 40 Gig white iPod instead (which, incidentally, looks better).

I guess what you meant to say is that it's for U2 fans who aren't very good at math.
  • Reply 22 of 37
    scottibscottib Posts: 381member
    Quote:

Originally posted by radiospace

I'm a U2 fan but I'm not 12 years old. I'm not paying $50 for an "exclusive poster" when I could get a 40 Gig white iPod instead (which, incidentally, looks better).

I guess what you meant to say is that it's for U2 fans who aren't very good at math.

Well, the U2Pod comes with the dock--a $39 accessory for the 20GB iPod. So, the premium is $11 (if one planned on buying the dock, anyway).
  • Reply 23 of 37
    resres Posts: 711member
    Quote:

It is also for people like me who truly dislike the color white. Of course, since I'm not a big U2 fan I really don't want the signatures on the back ( I also need far more the 20 Gigabytes for my music). I'd be willing to pay an extra $50 on a 40-60 Gigabyte iPod to get it in a decent color (i.e., non-white).
  • Reply 24 of 37
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    Quote:

Then clearly, the regular iPod is for you and that is what it's there for! You're missing my point. They aren't making this out of the goodness of their heart for U2 fans to sell at the same price. They're making it to squeeze more money out of people who really want it. That is how it is for any "special edition" product. You get something distinctive and different from the norm for a certain price premium. It makes zero sense for apple to sell it at the same price as the regular 20 gig.
  • Reply 25 of 37
    Quote:

Originally posted by Res

It is also for people like me who truly dislike the color white. Of course, since I'm not a big U2 fan I really don't want the signatures on the back ( I also need far more the 20 Gigabytes for my music). I'd be willing to pay an extra $50 on a 40-60 Gigabyte iPod to get it in a decent color (i.e., non-white).

These guys will paint it for about that. iBooks too.
  • Reply 26 of 37
    Quote:

You're not a U2 fan(atic)! Only U2 fan(atics) wouldn't question dishing out $349 for a 20GB iPod ($49 for the poster and new album's color scheme). You merely like their music... blah!

what's cooler than *bonding* with another U2 fan(atic) when you see their black and red iPods?!
  • Reply 27 of 37
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    I don't like U2 at all, but I LOVE this iPod. Honestly, I don't think I've been this excited about an Apple product since the G4 iMacs came out all those years ago now. I don't know exactly why, but I think it looks amazing. I might have to get it just because it's so good looking...
  • Reply 28 of 37
    Quote:

Originally posted by Flounder

Then clearly, the regular iPod is for you and that is what it's there for! You're missing my point.

Tell me about it .... You think buying an SE iPod is a waist of money, radiospace, try paying extra for the sports package on a car, except for $2000 all you get is cool looking floor matts, a *decorative spoiler and an molded mud flaps.
  • Reply 29 of 37
    Quote:

Originally posted by the cool gut

Tell me about it .... You think buying an SE iPod is a waist of money, radiospace, try paying extra for the sports package on a car, except for $2000 all you get is cool looking floor matts, a *decorative spoiler and an molded mud flaps.

Shhh... you'll burst the bling bubble.
  • Reply 30 of 37
    Quote:

Originally posted by EmAn

I don't like U2 at all, but I LOVE this iPod. Honestly, I don't think I've been this excited about an Apple product since the G4 iMacs came out all those years ago now. I don't know exactly why, but I think it looks amazing. I might have to get it just because it's so good looking...

I'm the same way, U2 is okay, but this new iPod is just sex! I'm buying it just because it looks so damn good; that's worth a premium to me.
  • Reply 31 of 37
    louzerlouzer Posts: 1,054member
    I'm just waiting for them to release the "Starland vocal band" edition. Now that one will ROCK!!!
  • Reply 32 of 37
    Has anyone noticed that in all the pictures, the red click wheel looks suspiciously unlike part of the photo and more like a flat red circle that someone has painted over the picture of a black iPod?

Perhaps it was originally going to be all black and only changed it to red at the last minute after the publicity photos had been done, so someone had to photoshop on a red click wheel?

It look rather amateur-ish to me, especially the angled photo in the photo gallery - there's no perspective on the white click wheel text that appears to be have been added on along with the red click wheel itself.
  • Reply 33 of 37
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Quote:

Originally posted by tompage

Has anyone noticed that in all the pictures, the red click wheel looks suspiciously unlike part of the photo and more like a flat red circle that someone has painted over the picture of a black iPod?

Perhaps it was originally going to be all black and only changed it to red at the last minute after the publicity photos had been done, so someone had to photoshop on a red click wheel?

It look rather amateur-ish to me, especially the angled photo in the photo gallery - there's no perspective on the white click wheel text that appears to be have been added on along with the red click wheel itself.

definitely not
  • Reply 34 of 37
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    Quote:

Originally posted by EmAn

Not quite...

Today I went to get a new iPod and I finally saw the U2 iPod in person. I didn't like it at all, so I eneded up getting a normal 20GB iPod.
  • Reply 35 of 37
    The U2 iPod looks better than the 4G regular iPod, in my opinion. I've owned a 4G 20 GB iPod and have seen and held the U2 iPod in person as well

The red clickwheel on the black body is much more sleek in appearence. I like it a lot and would want that if it were not for my silver mini.
  • Reply 36 of 37
    Quote:

Originally posted by Messiahtosh

The U2 iPod looks better than the 4G regular iPod, in my opinion. I've owned a 4G 20 GB iPod and have seen and held the U2 iPod in person as well

The red clickwheel on the black body is much more sleek in appearence. I like it a lot and would want that if it were not for my silver mini.

Sorry guys, i've never listened to U2 and probably won't any time soon. *cough*