Anyone received PowerMac G5 2.5?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Anyone received a PowerMac G5 Dual 2.5 desktop recently? If so, when did you order it?

I ordered one on Oct 3rd. The Apple web site still shows Nov 15 as projected date of shipment. I called the local Apple store yesterday; they say they haven't seen one in over 4 weeks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Yes, almost all of the initial orders have been fulfilled in the past 2 weeks. Expect yours soon, they've ramped up production, so they should be easier to get.
  • Reply 2 of 11
    I ordered one on 10/22 with a 6800. Ship date is on or before 11/30.
  • Reply 3 of 11
    newnew Posts: 3,244member
    My friend got his today. Apple replaced his one-year-old-never-worked-properly powerbook with a dual 2,5 G5... pretty awsome!
  • Reply 4 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by New

My friend got his today. Apple replaced his one-year-old-never-worked-properly powerbook with a dual 2,5 G5... pretty awsome!

not bad, unless he paid $3299 for a 17"... but still not bad.
  • Reply 5 of 11
    I ordered one in the middle of September and I should have it on Monday w/ the 6800.
  • Reply 6 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by EpyonXero

I ordered one in the middle of September and I should have it on Monday w/ the 6800.

So that's only about two weeks earlier than I ordered mine. That probably means the 15 Nov date is fairly accurate.

Thanks for the replies
  • Reply 7 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by silica

So that's only about two weeks earlier than I ordered mine. That probably means the 15 Nov date is fairly accurate.

Thanks for the replies

I think so, the date I had was 11/12.
  • Reply 8 of 11
    timotimo Posts: 353member
    I gave up waiting and ordered a refurbished one. It came in two days, with extra memory and a bigger hard drive. Not bad.
  • Reply 9 of 11
    chris vchris v Posts: 460member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Timo

I gave up waiting and ordered a refurbished one. It came in two days, with extra memory and a bigger hard drive. Not bad.

No fair.
  • Reply 10 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by Timo

A refurbished dual 2.5? Where did you find one?
  • Reply 11 of 11
    chris vchris v Posts: 460member
    Quote:

Originally posted by silica

A refurbished dual 2.5? Where did you find one?

They're listed on the refurb page on Apple's online store for $2799.00. They come and go, so it's best to check in the morning. I bought my dual 2.0 as a refurb right after they announced the 2.5 for $1999.00 essentially $1000.00 cheaper than it had been (new, anyway) the week before. Refurbs can be great deals, and once in a while, you can strike gold and get a refurb that was loaded up with extra RAM or something originally.

Oh, well, Timo deserves it, anyway.