OS X Musical Scales Program

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    Make it constrain midi input to the selected scale

then pass the data to the midi output... i.e. other midi aps.

Ideally we could select scales by a midi keyboard input (on a specfic midi channel ) as well as a 'cickable' list...

r
  • Reply 22 of 27
    pbg4 dudepbg4 dude Posts: 1,611member
    I've made another update to my program. Enharmonic note display is correct from double flat (bb) to double sharp (+). I've made some serious behind the scenes changes (again) which will allow generation of melodic, harmonic and other non-major scale based scales and associated chords.

Also, the source code is now included in the disk image, just in case you're interested in seeing how it works.
  • Reply 23 of 27
    I've updated my program so the GUI takes up less space. I haven't added any functionality yet. I'm working on threading the program so that MIDI playback doesn't freeze the interface. Once I have the threading down I'll work on adding new features.
  • Reply 24 of 27
    Quote:

Originally posted by PBG4 Dude

I'm a bass player so I don't know about doing g****r tab.

Oh, to hell with this hack then, I only support software made by guitarist!!

Just kidding bro,

I like it. And if you add the features mentioned, it would be BONUS!
  • Reply 25 of 27
    Quote:

Originally posted by MagicFingers

Oh, to hell with this hack then, I only support software made by guitarist!!

Just kidding bro,

I like it. And if you add the features mentioned, it would be BONUS!

Thanks!
  • Reply 26 of 27
    OK, I've done some serious updates to my program, enough that I'm calling it version 1.0. I've been working on this update for a couple months and I'm feeling really good about my latest progress.

Here's the latest screenshot:

Major updates include:

Generate scales, chords and modes for Major, Melodic minor and Harmonic minor scale types.

Generate scale based on chord starting note and chord type.

Playback scales as well as chords.

Ability to choose playback instrument.

I've tested this program in 10.3.9 and 10.4.0. It should work in 10.2.8 aka Jaguar. If anyone here could confirm that would be most excellent.

Oh, before I forget, here's the link to the program page. The download link is at the bottom of the page. http://dtibs.home.comcast.net

The source code for this program is included in the .dmg file in case anyone's interested in checking it out.