Buying an ibook in a US Apple store

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I may be coming to the US at Christmas and may buy an ibook from an Apple store while I'm there. Can I configure my ibook in the store? I want to make sure I get the bluetooth module installed. Or can I only do this on the online Apple store? thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    pbg4 dudepbg4 dude Posts: 1,611member
    Custom configurations (beyond RAM upgrades) can only be done through online ordering.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    That's a shame - perhaps I'll have to go for the PB after all then. Thanks for the reply
  • Reply 3 of 9
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    I think the stores have some "BTO" type configurations. I would thik BT would be there. Remember you have to pay state sales tax on it. If you're lucky you're going to a state with low or no tax.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    My state (Montana) has no sales tax, and New Hampshire I know for sure.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    tokentoken Posts: 142member
    Quote:

Originally posted by jonnyb

I may be coming to the US at Christmas and may buy an ibook from an Apple store while I'm there. Can I configure my ibook in the store? I want to make sure I get the bluetooth module installed. Or can I only do this on the online Apple store? thanks

I thought bluetooth was standard in the new iBooks by now!?

You can always install airport and ram later..
  • Reply 7 of 9
    pbg4 dudepbg4 dude Posts: 1,611member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Token

I thought bluetooth was standard in the new iBooks by now!?

You can always install airport and ram later..

Nope. Bluetooth is still listed as an option at www.apple.com/ibook . Airport Extreme is now included standard though.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    Thanks for all the replies - I've now decided to put off my trip to the US until 2008