iLife 05 and Tiger

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
hi! When Tiger comes out, a new version of iLIfe will most certainly also come out (and not before, I would presume). I don't understand that much of core image, but wouldn't iLife depend heavily on such tecnologies? What could be done to iLife for the next upgrade?

one issue would be to add all those functions into iMovie and iPhoto, but for iPhoto, wouldn't that be a competition for photosphop elements?

any other ideas of practical use for those like me that don't really understand?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by dividend

one issue would be to add all those functions into iMovie and iPhoto, but for iPhoto, wouldn't that be a competition for photosphop elements?

Yes, it would. And there's nothing wrong with a little competition. If Apple doesn't raise the bar nobody will...and that would just make the Mac platform look bad.

If Apple drives a few developers away because they've raised the bar on quality and feature in software, that's ok...especially since these frameworks are available to all developers and the developers Apple has driven away will be replaced by young blood developers with fresh new code.

Survival of the fittest. Natural selection. Whatever you want to call it. Adobe is on its way out if it doesn't start planning something big for the future.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Only if it is on pc too, PS elements is a bigger draw on pc than mac, as our closest tool to iphoto is PSEs companion, PS alblum.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    I would like to see .raw file support in iphoto.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    I would like to see 16:9 format support in iMovie and iDVD!!!

It's fine support DL DVD
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Quote:

hi! When Tiger comes out, a new version of iLIfe will most certainly also come out (and not before, I would presume). I don't understand that much of core image, but wouldn't iLife depend heavily on such tecnologies? What could be done to iLife for the next upgrade?

any other ideas of practical use for those like me that don't really understand?

Have you seen Steve's keynote for the U2 iPod and the iPod Photo?

http://homepage.mac.com/lesposen/blogwavestudio/

core image will add instantly impressive effects for any iApp. iPhoto is yet more meant as a "flip thru/sort out/publish album", the pic manipulation area is kept very simple; for the standard user, he doesn't need the power of Photoshop; of, if so, he can buy it for 99$ ;-). esp. the "layer" metaphor will not find its way into iPhoto, you will still paint "onto" the pic (what happend to Soap and Kai Krause?)

the user interface of iTunes will change our behaviour with the whole system; e.g. this "instant search&find" feature.

iMovie will get some nice effects, but Apple has also Final Cut Express in the line; so, I'm sure, in iM no multitracks, again, more the metaphor of "sorting slides" then "real" editing