OS X Dock & Applications Folder

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I was wondering how do you add the all the stuff you have in the Application folder to appear on the dock, but under a folder?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Drag the application folder next to your trash can, make sure it is past the veritcal line that seperates the other items on the dock. So in other rights Right of that line.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Quote:

Originally posted by O4BlackWRX

Drag the application folder next to your trash can, make sure it is past the veritcal line that seperates the other items on the dock. So in other rights Right of that line.

I tried that, but it didn't work. In fact none of the icons even moved over. I got the same results when I tried to move an empty folder to the dock (both sides). It's almost like my dock is locked from adding a folder, but I can for whatever reason still add individual applications.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Quote:

Originally posted by malebolgia

I tried that, but it didn't work. In fact none of the icons even moved over. I got the same results when I tried to move an empty folder to the dock (both sides). It's almost like my dock is locked from adding a folder, but I can for whatever reason still add individual applications.

Either you do not have privileges to alter the dock (supposing you're a normal user without privileges to alter the dock -

OR (more likely, since you can add items to the dock)

- you've srewed your dock - somehow

Try trashing your dock prefs

How to:

~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.dock.plist Trash the file which is set bold.

But at very first i'd try to repair Permissions.

AND trashing all cache files is always a good start to fix glitches.

Perhaps that helps.