Tiger Login Screen

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Has anybody installed the Tiger developer build as an upgrade over Panther and found it take an awful long time to get the login screen? I've been waiting three days now. It mentions it being slow in the seed notes, but this is silly.

I'm not quite sure where to ask, there's no apple developer mailing list for this kind of general issue.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    mikefmikef Posts: 698member
    I hope this is a joke

I don't wait for 3 days for a computer to do anything. If the operation is supposed to happen in a minute or two tops, I hit the power button and start troubleshooting.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    No, it's not a joke. Rebooting the machine just causes it to sit without showing the login screen again, so I've waited.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    dobbydobby Posts: 797member
    If your a developer then submit a bug report! Add the relevant logs (/var/log/system.log etc) and see if they reply.

The ADC site explains how to do this.

Dobby.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    toweltowel Posts: 1,479member
    Quote:

Originally posted by richard5mith

I've been waiting three days now.

You're that dude who installed Panther on a Centris 650, aren't you? And now you're putting a developer build of Tiger on top? Yeow!
  • Reply 5 of 5
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    Quote:

Originally posted by richard5mith

No, it's not a joke. Rebooting the machine just causes it to sit without showing the login screen again, so I've waited.

Sure it's a Joke - it has to be...

We all know that ANYONE who has a legal copy of Tiger has the knowledge to troubleshoot something like this to the point where it would either work or reported as a bug via the ADC and/or beta groups bug reporter - has the knowledge to understand the the build you have is ALPHA / BETA grade code and WILL contain bugs as well as the knowledge to know that he should not be breaking his NDA by asking for help in a public forum.

We also know that anyone who has an illegal copy of Tiger knows that you'd be violating AI forum policy asking for tech support on the pirated software.

So this must be a joke...

Dave