Yasser Arafat nearing death

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
First heard about it from a reporter at the Bush news conference.

http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,...385027,00.html

Reports are mixed, but some are claiming he's clinically dead since they ran a brain scan and found no activity.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 52
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Quote:

Originally posted by SoopaDrive

First heard about it from a reporter at the Bush news conference.

http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,...385027,00.html

Reports are mixed, but some are claiming he's clinically dead since they ran a brain scan and found no activity.

It's really difficult to know. His wife did not wanted that the medical staff give precise infos.

It's impossible with the official info to have a precise idea of his illness. They said that he was not dead, that his clinical state needed to be moved in an appropriate service (read reanimation) and no more.

Others info are saying that he is in coma, and that the cause of his illness is still unknow.
  • Reply 2 of 52
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Powerdoc what's up over there? Can't figure out what's wrong with the guy?

I look forward to dancing on the grave of the terrorst.
  • Reply 3 of 52
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    um, not to bury someone before it's official, but is there a next-in-line?
  • Reply 4 of 52
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

Powerdoc what's up over there? Can't figure out what's wrong with the guy?

I look forward to dancing on the grave of the terrorst.

If you want to dance, I hope for you that he will not be incinirated.

More seriously I have not idear what's wrong. I can't understand how the medical staff is unable to find such a serious disease that leads someone to death.

an other possible explanation is that they know what's wrong but they recieved the order to say nothing : the medical secret. For example, if he was suffering of Aids, may be the palestinians will want to keep this secret at any cost. Who knows ?
  • Reply 5 of 52
    Wow Powerdoc you blew my mind. Arafat with AIDS?

How would the Palestinians blame that on the Jews?
  • Reply 6 of 52
    m01etym01ety Posts: 278member
    Quote:

Wow Powerdoc you blew my mind. Arafat with AIDS?

How would the Palestinians blame that on the Jews?

Romanian intelligence (say what? ) claims they bugged him decades ago and have aural confirmation of him having engaged in orgies with male bodyguards.

Who knows?
  • Reply 7 of 52
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    so what is his illness, i would like to know, what could take down someone so quickly. if not blood disorder, maybe renal failure or some very rapid CA hemoragic stroke.... like Brain CA etc. hmmm something big is going on, maybe pulmonary embolus

no info on the net???? someone will know
  • Reply 8 of 52
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Quote:

Good News!

Aarafat, the anti-Semitic jew killing terrorist (the one that participated in the kidnapping and murder of a US diplomat and should face the death penalty after a federal trial), is getting worse!

We can all hope he'll be dead soon. Then the peace process can restart.

I hope to piss on his grave one day.

• Reply 9 of 52
    pbg4 dudepbg4 dude Posts: 1,611member
    Quote:

Originally posted by NOFEER

so what is his illness, i would like to know, what could take down someone so quickly. if not blood disorder, maybe renal failure or some very rapid CA hemoragic stroke.... like Brain CA etc. hmmm something big is going on, maybe pulmonary embolus

no info on the net???? someone will know

The evening news said it was a blood disease. Blood diseases will take you out quick if not cured.
  • Reply 10 of 52
    Quote:

Originally posted by m01ety

Romanian intelligence (say what? ) claims they bugged him decades ago and have aural confirmation of him having engaged in orgies with male bodyguards.

Who knows?

That's just dumb.
  • Reply 11 of 52
    Last update.

Now it's confirmed he is brain dead. Officialy in France when you are brain dead you are dead. For me and any doctor he is dead.

I think that the palestinian and israelians ones, try to get some more time in order to prevent some possible troubles.

I do not have any info about is illness, her wife refuse to let communicate the medical staff about this subject.
  • Reply 12 of 52
    Powerdoc, is it common in France to do a nuclear medicine brain scan to determine if someone is brain dead?
  • Reply 13 of 52
    Quote:

Powerdoc, is it common in France to do a nuclear medicine brain scan to determine if someone is brain dead?

No

Normally it's only an electroencephalogram

But, concerning Arafat I don't know. I don't know if the Percy hospital (a military hospital) have this particular scan. I know they have a lot of stuff, but they are not so much PET scan in France. There is one in Paris, but I doubt that he is located in Percy.

I believe that he is brain dead, but for political reasons, they hide the truth. It give politicians of both side (israelians and palestinians) time.
  • Reply 14 of 52
    pbg4 dudepbg4 dude Posts: 1,611member
    The news here last night said Arafat was at a military hospital. The news here is also reporting that he is not brain dead, but he is in a coma. Supposedly he's stable though.
  • Reply 15 of 52
    Quote:

Originally posted by PBG4 Dude

The news here last night said Arafat was at a military hospital. The news here is also reporting that he is not brain dead, but he is in a coma. Supposedly he's stable though.

yes : that's the official news.

No one will criticize them if in ten days they announce he is dead. He was really in a coma, but things got worse and he die.

The info about his state of health is covered by the medical secret. Stable do not mean anything. If he is brain dead, I can't see how things could get worse.
  • Reply 16 of 52
    marcukmarcuk Posts: 4,442member
    Isn't there going to be alot of Pissed Palestinians If Arafat dies in France, and like someone says the French killed him?
  • Reply 17 of 52
    Quote:

Originally posted by MarcUK

Isn't there going to be alot of Pissed Palestinians If Arafat dies in France, and like someone says the French killed him?

No I don't think so. Being hospitalised in this hospital was the wish of Arafat himself (he was a medical doctor himself).

The problem is that we have no real info. I am surprised that someone is in the coma, and nobody know why.

I don't buy it.
  • Reply 18 of 52
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    at our hospital both are required EEG and Brain scan to demonstrate no "vascular flow" within the brain. we did one the other day for organ donor.

so what did he have??? where is his money--the french would like to get some of that $$$$$ and buy more oil.

I'd still like to know what disease process he has
  • Reply 19 of 52
    Quote:

Originally posted by NOFEER

at our hospital both are required EEG and Brain scan to demonstrate no "vascular flow" within the brain. we did one the other day for organ donor.

so what did he have??? where is his money--the french would like to get some of that $$$$$ and buy more oil.

I'd still like to know what disease process he has

What type of Scan ?

The X ray one, The magnetic scan or the PET scan ?

If it's the X ray one, I bet they have done it.

I work in a private hospital, and we did not practice organ transplants. Perhaps my knowledge on this subject need to be updated.

For the money thing, I guess it's just sarcasm. However Israel is certainly very happy that Arafat is took in charge in an another countrie : this is the best way to get rid of him ...
  • Reply 20 of 52
    Powerdoc it's a 2D scan (not tomography) with a standard (what we call) Anger Camera. I guessing they use Tc-99 attached to something that doesn't pass out of blood vessels. The results can be dramatic because you'll see the radiotracer shoot up the carotid arteries and just stop at the brain if you're dead.