Can you test my site in Safari

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Help is needed, I just uploaded my first ever web site, its pretty simple code wise, I only started learning HTML last week, but I've spent a bit of time on the graphics.

Can someone test it in Safari, as Im on A PC, It works fine in Mozilla and IE, Its not complete, Im awaiting info from my client, but all the links in the LCD bar should work. The TV buttons dont work yet, so dont click in vain!

Comments welcome and thanks for your help.

EDIT: It might help if I gave the link!

www.budsbar.co.uk

Thanks again.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    newnew Posts: 3,244member
    is it supposed to do anything?
  • Reply 2 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by New

is it supposed to do anything?

All it does at the moment is display blurred text of the link on the tv screen when you click a link on the LCD panel. Does this work in Safari?

Can you see a pink top bar, a green LCD navigation bar, a blue TV and a pink equalizer? Are the bars moving in the equalizer screen?

Im waiting for info for the TV screen, but I was planning on making animated Gifs for the show!

Thanks
  • Reply 3 of 11
    all looks fine.
  • Reply 4 of 11
    Looks very nice. I would suggest that you use an iframe to display the content instead of a whole page with all the graphics again, it will make the site faster and smaller.
  • Reply 5 of 11
    or a javascript.
  • Reply 6 of 11
    marcukmarcuk Posts: 4,442member
    . hey I was posing in AO ????WTF
  • Reply 7 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by Asimis

Looks very nice. I would suggest that you use an iframe to display the content instead of a whole page with all the graphics again, it will make the site faster and smaller.

Hey, Ive only been coding for a week!

Actually, there is only 1 set of graphics for the TV, so they should be in cache when the TV display changes. Are they reloading from the server on your system?

The only graphic that should come down from the server is the TV display itself.

Hmmm.

Anyone think it looks too cheesy?
  • Reply 8 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by powermacG6

Anyone think it looks too cheesy?

Wasn't that kind of the point?
  • Reply 9 of 11
    Anyone know why GIF's animate at the same speed regardless of wether I set the duration of a frame to 1 or 20ms? Its not like my computer's a slow dog.

I would like to change the animations to flash, but thats a different ball game. Are there shareware flash creators you could recommend for PC? Still looking for a decent FTP program too.

Thanks
  • Reply 10 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by New

Wasn't that kind of the point?

well there's well done cheesey and then theres cheesey no no no.
  • Reply 11 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by powermacG6

well there's well done cheesey and then theres cheesey no no no.

hehe, I'd call it well done.

For flash, flash itself is absolutely the best way to go. But some applications like illustrator can also save layered files down to .swf movies. For gif-animations, there are differences but I'm not sure how far you can stretch it. Gif-animations arn't "rocket science".