new stuff from apple

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
make a wishlist of what do you want from apple?

technologies/iApps/ProApps/new hardware/OSs.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 14
    nebagakidnebagakid Posts: 2,692member
    Quote:

Originally posted by cesar

hmmm... well, that is pretty big request... try going through all the threads in these forums.. there is your answer.
  • Reply 2 of 14
    I just want an iMac with an upgradable graphic card
  • Reply 3 of 14
    An update to AppleWorks. They have everything to make the right thing: .Mac, Mail, iCal, Keynotes, Safari. iChat which has rendevous for IMs in small or even large networks, Font Book, Address Book, AppleScript, system wide spell check..everything.

And not to mention the improvements that are coming with Tiger like Spotlight, Core Image and Video and the Automator.

They could easily make the perfect Office killer.
  • Reply 4 of 14
    frank777frank777 Posts: 5,839member
    I'm re-thinking this whole idea.

Outside of Final Cut Pro, which is really more of a creative app - the one thing that Apple has aptly demonstrated is that they just can't build enterprise-level applications.

AppleWorks has been a wasteland for years and Address Book can't be used in real world business. In fact the whole AB/iCal/Mail kludge is being spanked by Entourage's integrated Project Management approach. I have yet to see anyone actually use Keynote for a presentation.

Remember, I'm saying these products aren't up to commercial use. They're fine for consumers.

Filemaker Pro is the only enterprise app that's seen any real commercial success, and it doesn't use Apple-specific technologies in favour of a cross-platform approach.

Maybe Apple's creative side interferes with the ability to design suitable apps for the enterprise market.
  • Reply 5 of 14
    tuttletuttle Posts: 301member
    A product, that doesn't cost more than $500, to compete with the $500 x86 HPs and Dells so many consumers buy.
  • Reply 6 of 14
    dfilerdfiler Posts: 3,420member
    airVideo for Airport Extreme!

I would immediately buy two airport extremes. One for my projector mounted inside my coffee table and one for my hometheater receiver.

Bam! My'Digital Hub' is finally complete.
  • Reply 7 of 14
    Anything they haven't made yet.
  • Reply 8 of 14
    regreg Posts: 832member
    Fix safari so it doesn't quit on a bunch of web pages. Also fixing it so the submit feature will work on many sites.

Allow iPhoto to accept Canon Raw and speed it up.

I also want the AirVideo.

reg
  • Reply 9 of 14
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:

Originally posted by tonton

Photoshop killer

I'd like to see Apple start working with Adobe right now to have a CoreImage enabled version of Photoshop out by the time Tiger is released. That would be amazing to see, since it would blow all of the Windows versions out of the water.
  • Reply 10 of 14
    bigbluebigblue Posts: 341member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Frank777

Outside of Final Cut Pro, which is really more of a creative app - the one thing that Apple has aptly demonstrated is that they just can't build enterprise-level applications.

Huh ? Look at Apple's Pro line, there's more than just FCP. DVD Pro, Logic (used in just about all pro recording studio) and Shake (used in just about all major movie fx, like LOTR).

Sure, they're all creative apps, as Apple focusses on them.

They easy could make a Photoshop or Office 'killer', but can't because of politics. What you probably mean is that they don't make office stuff like 'Office', accounting or databases and the like. That's true. But as said, I don't think they want to make them.
  • Reply 11 of 14
    Quote:

Originally posted by BigBlue

Huh ? Look at Apple's Pro line, there's more than just FCP. DVD Pro, Logic (used in just about all pro recording studio) and Shake (used in just about all major movie fx, like LOTR)....

Logic has come a wide way. They have 'nodes' now which allow you to harness the processor power of other computers for recording (for plugins take a cast amount of CPU power) Plus, from what I hear around the grapevine, it's compaitible with ProTools. That other major recording studio program.
  • Reply 12 of 14
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    Quote:

Originally posted by cesar

Given the general nature of the request, I'm moving this to General Discussion.
  • Reply 13 of 14
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    I'd like an Apple:

3D App to link with Final Cut Pro(Think Luxology)

Audio Post Production app with ProTools like finesse.

Office Suite- CRM tools, Groupware, etc.

Photo Editing software bundled with Final Cut Pro

I'd like an audio control interface using Firewire and possibly mLAN.