Rendezvous file sharing question

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I use rendezvous all the time to transfer files between my power mac and powerbook. is there a way to turn off the notification window for incoming files and have it automatically accept anything i send it? (it's annoying to hit 'accept' all the time). i only use rendezvous when i'm at home on my own private network, so security isn't an issue.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    Why not just log into machine A from machine B and have access to the entire hard drive of machine A?
  • Reply 2 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by drumsticks

Why not just log into machine A from machine B and have access to the entire hard drive of machine A?

becuase i dont like doing that--it takes too long to go through the process of connecting and finding the folder rather than just opening rendezvous and dragging the folder over. I know the time difference is only a few seconds, but for me it's way easier to use iChat.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    Don't remember where exactly the feature is located, but I do remember there being a way to automatically accept file transfers.

Are you dragging the files to an existing chat window or to the name in the buddy list? Differences between using Rendezvous versus AIM based transfers?
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by Xool

Don't remember where exactly the feature is located, but I do remember there being a way to automatically accept file transfers.

Are you dragging the files to an existing chat window or to the name in the buddy list? Differences between using Rendezvous versus AIM based transfers?

name in the buddy list (my other account is the only one)
  • Reply 5 of 7
    pbg4 dudepbg4 dude Posts: 1,611member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Xool

I'm not a heavy iChat user, but I imagine this option would be in the program's preferences somewhere.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by PBG4 Dude

I'm not a heavy iChat user, but I imagine this option would be in the program's preferences somewhere.

Well, --

ichat->prefs->3rd tab-

uncheck "confirm transferring files"
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by Vox Barbara

Well, --

ichat->prefs->3rd tab-

uncheck "confirm transferring files"

didnt work--i still had to click "save file"

grr... i jsut want an open "darg n drop" pipeline between the computers.