IMac G5 UK Shipping

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Does anyone know if Apple is on time with shipping in the UK? I ordered a 17" Imac on the 27th October, the estimated shipping date is the 17th November. I've read on other posts people getting their macs shipped over a month late, anyone still waiting?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    Im still waiting for my 20incher that I ordered at the beginning of september.

• Reply 2 of 11
    I ordered a 17" 1.8 BTO on 8th September and it shipped 4th October (3 days early)

I don't know the situation right now though.
  • Reply 3 of 11
    gargar Posts: 1,201member
    i am still waiting for my 20"iMacG5 BTO that I ordered september 6th.
  • Reply 4 of 11
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    My BTO imac G5 20 incher is on the way. Somewhere in Luxembourg right now.

I hope that I will recieve it next week.
  • Reply 5 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by jake bullet

[B]I ordered a 17" 1.8 BTO on 8th September and it shipped 4th October (3 days early)

It shipped back then and you still dont have it? Isnt that a little long to be waiting? I thought it would would only take a matter of days to ship???
  • Reply 6 of 11
    My nieces' school has received ten 20 inch iMacs in the last week or so. They're PC bods but are now big Apple fans. I am more than a tad jealous with my old dual 533 G4.
  • Reply 7 of 11
    I meant that my iMac shipped early, I have it already!

It took around 6 days to get from Taiwan to Scotland, almost didn't make it though, got lost at Manchester.

Hats off to TNT however, they located it and sent it by car same day, some poor bloke drove 300 miles with it on the passenger seat, arrived at 9PM and then headed back home!
  • Reply 8 of 11
    20" BT BTO - ordered 8/10 - quoted shipping 5/11 +5-7 days delivery.

Shipped 28/10 but did not leave Shanghai until 1/11. Handed over to TNT 8/11 as far as I can see and delivered yesterday 10/11. It seems the delays in shipping can be waiting for a flight and clearing customs in Luxembourg/Holland. Once it is in TNT's hands it's quite quick and TNT are very helpful.
  • Reply 9 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by jimbobsmells

Does anyone know if Apple is on time with shipping in the UK? I ordered a 17" Imac on the 27th October, the estimated shipping date is the 17th November. I've read on other posts people getting their macs shipped over a month late, anyone still waiting?

Apple is very late with shipping their macs out, particularly if you are going for a BTO. Most people I know who have ordered their BTO have got delays of 3-5 weeks on the original confirmed shipping date. Mine was shipped on monday and should arrive next week which is 4 weeks late. But then again even that is not certain as apple nicely specify that it is an "estimated" delivery date.

Also anyone getting their macs delivered to the uk via TNT might want to speak to them as soon as they have got a shipping notification.

I spoke to TNT yesterday and they are getting pretty annoyed with apple for not giving them the correct shipping information. When i started giving the girl on the phone my tracking number it only took her to hear the first two numbers to sigh and say "that will be an apple number". One of the main problem TNT have encountered according to her are incomplete address details so it might be worthwhile to check with TNT what address they have on their system in order to avoid further delays.
  • Reply 10 of 11
    Hello

I don't know who posted this link originally, but apecode generally has more info available than Apple's website. TNT are great at updating the info, once the package has been transferred to them...
  • Reply 11 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by Rolypoly

Apple is very late with shipping their macs out, particularly if you are going for a BTO. Most people I know who have ordered their BTO have got delays of 3-5 weeks on the original confirmed shipping date. Mine was shipped on monday and should arrive next week which is 4 weeks late. But then again even that is not certain as apple nicely specify that it is an "estimated" delivery date.

From what i've seen here, i'd have thought the 20" bto is more popular than the 17"? well apple still have a couple of days before they are late shipping mine. They better ship it on time, i've taken next week off work so i can play all day with my first ever mac!