Library 3.0

Comments

• Reply 141 of 169
    idunnoidunno Posts: 645member
    Yeah I have reached my min of 26... tomorrow is payday so it'll be fine then.
  • Reply 142 of 169
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    I would buy it in a heartbeat if it had one addition...

Comics.

I have something on the order of 10,000 comics and rising weekly. I'd love to know what I actually have sometime... :}
  • Reply 143 of 169
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kickaha

I would buy it in a heartbeat if it had one addition...

Comics.

I have something on the order of 10,000 comics and rising weekly. I'd love to know what I actually have sometime... :}

Sadly, Apple is my one obsession (not addiction)

iDunno
  • Reply 144 of 169
    Yeah, well, that's in addition to the few thousand books I have. :} Oddly enough, there are only about 400 CD and 100 DVD/VHS tapes lying about... I feel like such a slacker in those departments.
  • Reply 145 of 169
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kickaha

Yeah, well, that's in addition to the few thousand books I have. :} Oddly enough, there are only about 400 CD and 100 DVD/VHS tapes lying about... I feel like such a slacker in those departments.

Yeah, you are such a slacker when it comes to activities that allow your brain to switch off... I'm very disappointed in you.

In regards to Lirary... do you need to have an iSight attached to it for the option to appear? Because I can't see any buttons or mention of barcode scanning... but this could be because i am iSight-less.
  • Reply 146 of 169
    I know. Bad me.

Back to the dissertation...
  • Reply 147 of 169
    chrisgchrisg Posts: 239member
    Quote:

Originally posted by iDunno

Yeah, you are such a slacker when it comes to activities that allow your brain to switch off... I'm very disappointed in you.

In regards to Lirary... do you need to have an iSight attached to it for the option to appear? Because I can't see any buttons or mention of barcode scanning... but this could be because i am iSight-less.

It appears that way, I unplugged my iSight and the button (between the add and action button) disappeared.
  • Reply 148 of 169
    ok, wow, what a cool app. the iSight scanning is easy once you figure it out. Anyone else having trouble getting the main window sort by to change?
  • Reply 149 of 169
    othelloothello Posts: 1,054member
    anyone else getting this (i have submitted it as a bug too):

in movies, type in the title of a movie. say 'kill bill'

the results you get are actually books not movies!

or is it just me?
  • Reply 150 of 169
    I need a little help scanning with my iSight. Am I right that you do the following steps:

1) Click on the plus sign to add an item,

2) Next click on the video button that shows the video window,

3) After you scan the barcode, press "Show iSight".

If I am wrong, please inform me of the correct way. Also, when you scan, do you just scan the barcode itself or do you scan the barcode plus the corresponding numbers?
  • Reply 151 of 169
    rara Posts: 623member
    Just click the video icon to open the black & white little video window with the red scan lines across it. Hold the item about 3 inches from the iSight so that at least one of the red scan lines crosses the barcode horizontally. That should be all you have to do.
  • Reply 152 of 169
    screedscreed Posts: 1,077member
    Yes, it's simpler than you realize. Just turn the camera on and leave it on. You can queue up many items as fast as you can hold them up to the camera. (Not a fast as retail laser scanners, but hey...) You will hear a tone for a successful scan.

Screed
  • Reply 153 of 169
    pbg4 dudepbg4 dude Posts: 1,611member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ra

Just click the video icon to open the black & white little video window with the red scan lines across it. Hold the item about 3 inches from the iSight so that at least one of the red scan lines crosses the barcode horizontally. That should be all you have to do.

The real trick is to get the bar code to be as close to perpendicular to the red lines as possible. At least, that's what I found using my firewire camcorder.
  • Reply 154 of 169
    jaredjared Posts: 639member
    Is anyone planning on buying the Flic scanner? I bought it and I cannot wait to get it! I want to add more items but I am going to wait for the scanner.

I scanned all my books using the iSight and it found all but six and if you ask me, out of 154 books, that's not bad!
  • Reply 155 of 169
    All and all I am pretty impressed with the program. I am looking forward to the following though:

Web export...

Slightly faster browsing... (I do not have a problem here....at least not yet!)

More print options...

More layout options for book/DVD formats (would be cool if boxsets would be more boxy)...

Shelf templates, why must we have cherry stained shelves?

And I think that's about it.
  • Reply 156 of 169
    chrisgchrisg Posts: 239member
    I just want Smart Shelves and integration with iTunes.
  • Reply 157 of 169
    Quote:

Originally posted by ChrisG

I just want Smart Shelves and integration with iTunes.

Yeah, Smart Shelves would be nice.
  • Reply 158 of 169
    I dunno if any of you guys get over to Ars forums.... but I've been posting over there.

I've made a few custom icons for Library media here:

clicky clicky clicky

• Reply 159 of 169
    buggered if I could follow your instructions Havanas... but the PNG's look cool.
  • Reply 160 of 169
    jambojambo Posts: 3,036member
    A tip for those of you without iSight, Barcode Scanner, etc:

You can drag Amazon links from Safari right onto the Library window.

Niiiiiiiiiice