Racism Complaints continue against Apple Computer

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Multiple Racism-related Complaints continue to be filed against Apple Computer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ANOTHER REASON NOT TO BUY AN IPOD...

The California Department of Fair Employment and Housing (DFEH) has received multiple complaints from Employees of Apple Computer regarding on-going Racial Segregation, Racial harassment, and Discrimination carried out by other employees and managers at Apple Computer in Cupertino California.

Among the allegations (dating back both before, and after September 11, 2001),

1) Racially Motivated threats of bodily harm, and harassment made by Apple Employees against minorities.

2) Apple Managers instructing White employees to isolate and segregate non-Whites, ethnic minorities, etc.

3) Termination of employment as a result of Racial retaliation against Asians, Middle Easterners, Blacks, and others.

4) Employee usage of Apple's employee and customer information databases to forward personal information about racial minorities to White Supremacists located outside of the company, in both the United States and Canada.

The allegations also point to Apple Computer's highly coordinated efforts between its Human Resources department, headed by Dan Walker, and managers in various departments at the company's Cupertino headquarters, to process complaints from victims by posing as third party "Employee Relations" personnel. Through this technique Apple has stolen evidence from victims and used that evidence to help it's White Supremacist employees to destroy and erase evidence such as E-mails etc.

The California Department of Fair Employment and Housing (DFEH) keeps records of racial discrimination in the work place, and sometimes independently pursues legal action against offending entities. California Law requires victims of Racial Discrimination to file a complaint with it, prior to commencing any legal action against offending employers.

Segregation, retaliation, and racially motivated terminations by employers are all illegal in California.

Among those named in the complaints are the following people:

(Numbers in parenthesis, refer to the complaint numbers above)

David Mcleod (1,4)

Peter Graffagnino (2, 3)

John Meyer (2, 3)

Howard Riley (2,3)

John Gelensye (1)

Dan Riccio (2,3)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    is this a news item? do you have a link? I'm sure it may be noteworthy, but the way you posted multiple threads, with no comment from yourself sure leads me to think something smells funny under the bridge.....
  • Reply 2 of 13
    Three things:

1. Keep it to one forum. General Discussion seems like the right place IMO.

2. Have any opinions on this yourself? Seems like you're spamming, not contributing. This is important and serious enough to participate in the discussion, isn't it?

3. "White Supremacist" employees? Seems like the language is over-reaching a bit, over-generalizing. Yeah, I'm skeptical, but I'd be willing to believe there are such cases in this company if the claims here weren't so broad. I mean, it doesn't really help your case if you're judging everyone so universally.

and

4. Why did I bother writing all this?
  • Reply 3 of 13
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    This helps to explain why Apple's computers are white instead of black. They are White Supremacists!
  • Reply 4 of 13
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

This helps to explain why Apple's computers are white instead of black. They are White Supremacists!

Yeah, but the U2 iPod should help things.
  • Reply 5 of 13
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

...and where did that rainbow Apple logo go again?
  • Reply 7 of 13
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Quote:

Originally posted by 709

Ahhhh! That's gone and it's now white. White Power Mac.
  • Reply 8 of 13
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    Quote:

Originally posted by segovius

Ahh but it's black and red - each one ok on its own but put them together and you've got the Third Reich.

thanks... now how am i supposed to expunge the image of a "naziPod" from my brain?
  • Reply 9 of 13
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Political correctness SUCKS!!!

just because the most qualified person isnt an African American femail midget with a lazy eye, Apple is racist!?!

Maybe apple should follow hp in outsourceing tech support, then they wouldn't be descriminateing against Asians or Hindus...

</sarcasum>

I seriously doubt charges of racisum...from what I have seen in retail stores, there is a fairly regular mix of men to women, black to white and so on.

but on the back end, is it apples fault that a majority of EEs and software designers happen to be white and/or male?
  • Reply 10 of 13
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by 709

The gay pride guys stole it
  • Reply 11 of 13
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Bodhi, you want to lock this?

1) It is in violation of AI posting guidelines to post blurbs from other sites without commentary of your own.

2) Until official documents are pointed to (and none have turned up to date), posting such material places you and AI in a possible libelous situation. This is to be avoided.

3) The information posted is, um, written in an inflammatory style that makes one question the veracity of the content. ('White Supremacists'? Why was 9/11 mentioned if it has nothing to do with the content? etc, etc)

4) There seems to be *ONE* source that generated this, and it's not an official source. Hmm.

5) Posting to multiple forums is also against AI policy.
  • Reply 12 of 13
    bodhibodhi Posts: 1,424member
    Locked.