20" iMac G5

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    gargar Posts: 1,201member
    after almost 10 weeks of waiting, i finally got my 20"iMacG5 BTO.

wow

and again i lost 50 posts, back to 515.

time to get myself a nice cold "de koninck" and watch my new toy installing it's new software. (painter IX and adobe CS)
  • Reply 22 of 25
    Order Status as of 02:47 PM GMT, 17/11/2004 Shipped

I jump for joy!

Apple called last week saying it would ship on the 11th, that date went by so yesterday I called them and they said they would 'send out a priority notice.' Looks like that shifted it! Now it's on it's way I have that bubbly feeling in my belly like it's Christmas eve and I'm 5
  • Reply 23 of 25
    Quote:

Originally posted by Strawberry

Order Status as of 02:47 PM GMT, 17/11/2004 Shipped

I jump for joy!

Apple called last week saying it would ship on the 11th, that date went by so yesterday I called them and they said they would 'send out a priority notice.' Looks like that shifted it! Now it's on it's way I have that bubbly feeling in my belly like it's Christmas eve and I'm 5

Keep on at them, cause being on the way doesn't mean it is going to be on time. Mine shipped on 8th, was actually shipped on 11th, supposed to be delivered today but will actually be delivered on Monday 22nd. Slightly more than the 6-7 days apple say.

Sorry to be the grinch that stole your christmas.
  • Reply 24 of 25
    Quote:

Originally posted by aleph

I ordered my 20" with bluetooth at a local shop (2 october).

It seems the long shipping time problem is only affecting the 20" model since both 17" models are readily available there but they did not have an idea how long before the 20" will actually ship.

Maybe Apple expected more sales for the mid-range 17" model, as Phil Shiller said in his Keynote in Paris.

After several calls to the store, they said they have more than 100 orders for 20" iMacs (since end sptember). This week (14-19 november), they received their first shipment: 10 iMacs.

The 17" (without bluetooth!) is available in good quantity.
  • Reply 25 of 25
    My 20" iMac BTKBM, 250 GB HD, 1GB RAM, Airport Express shipped Today!!! FedEx coming all the way from China and will be here on Friday. Unfortunatly I work retail so on Friday I will be working all day and will not be able to play with my new toy.

Macaddict16