I just turned 21!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
This is great.

At midnight a few of us are going out and getting me drunk!

Guinness is definitely on my list.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 63
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    Happy birthday and have fun getting drunk!

• Reply 2 of 63
    possibly the stupidest thing i have ever heard. why on earth would you want to do something that could hurt you, and has no point other than a few hours of fun followed by a day of misery.
  • Reply 3 of 63
    I know. I saw it on the forum index page. I was going to send you a bithday PM but after you ignored my last one, I thought "Nah, fuck him."

Happy birthday, young 'un. Drink up but don't go overboard.
  • Reply 4 of 63
    rara Posts: 623member
    Have fun just be careful. Don't die on us. You get tonight to get drunk and tomorrow to be hungover, but if you don't post by the next day we'll all assume you're dead.
  • Reply 5 of 63
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member

You guys are so funny. I think!
  • Reply 6 of 63
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ShawnJ

This is great.

sounds more like you're turning 16
  • Reply 7 of 63
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    Quote:

Originally posted by applenut

Awwww.

You know me. Two beer queer!
  • Reply 8 of 63
    Quote:

Originally posted by DanTekGeek

possibly the stupidest thing i have ever heard. why on earth would you want to do something that could hurt you, and has no point other than a few hours of fun followed by a day of misery.

Because it's so much fun!

Besides if you keep drinking you will never get hungover.
  • Reply 9 of 63
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Shawn J : this is a very important date in your life. For the first time of your life, you will be not anymore interested to get older.
  • Reply 10 of 63
    Quote:

Originally posted by Dogcow

Besides if you keep drinking you will never get hungover. [/B]

Quote of the Week!

• Reply 11 of 63
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Happy Birthday Shawn. What coming-into-manhood ritual would be complete without some Guinness and a hot iron poker?
  • Reply 12 of 63
    Quote:

Awwww.

You know me. Two beer queer!

is that anything like kids in the hall's "girl drink drunk"?

happy 21st!
  • Reply 13 of 63
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Powerdoc

Shawn J : this is a very important date in your life. For the first time of your life, you will be not anymore interested to get older.

Well, there's still the 25 year milestone so you can rent cars.

Also at 26 you won't get drafted... that is until Shrub changes the draft ages to include everyone under 30.
  • Reply 14 of 63
    Quote:

Originally posted by applenut

Haters
  • Reply 15 of 63
    Quote:

This is great.

Happy B-day!! (insert boozy smiley here)
  • Reply 16 of 63
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Playmaker

Haters

immature jackasses
  • Reply 17 of 63
    come on guys, don't give him shit, he's 21, it's his duty, and to DanTekGeek, i've never had a "day of misery" not even when i've drank so much i puked, so, maybe shawnj won't get one. cheers!
  • Reply 18 of 63
    Quote:

Originally posted by DanTekGeek

For a liberal idealist, you certainly have a very forceful, social message. Dare I say an ultra-conservative, puritan social message.

Besides, I can tell that you've never had a drink anyway. You have to go all out and then some to have a miserable next day. But the quick remedy is half a gallon of water and a multi-vitamin before bed, followed by a beer/lemonade mix in the morning, lots of salty food, and lots of water. Of course, with beer alone it's impossible to even get to this stage.

So it's only like half a day of sluggish headache, and on top of that I don't think that someone like Shawn, who has a fair degree of self-respect, is going to go all-out. A few beers do not a hangover make, especially if you're drinking Guiness, which is only 3.2% alcohol.

Quote:

Very valid point. However, at 25 car insurance goes way down, and at 60 you get to order from the discount menu at Denny's.

Quote:

monosyllabic Applenut banter

Do you have friends?
  • Reply 19 of 63
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Splinemodel

Very valid point. However, at 25 car insurance goes way down, and at 60 you get to order from the discount menu at Denny's.

Thanks, for the insurance, it's a long time since I was 25. I just turned 38 today, but I am not hurried at all to benefit of the discount menu at Denny's
  • Reply 20 of 63
    Happy Birthday ya old fart

Fellows