Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    Quote:

Originally posted by George Masters

enjoy-

http://www.gomotron.com/ipod.html

i like it, but it would need way better music and a faster pace for an actual ad. good work.
  • Reply 2 of 13
    Quote:

enjoy-

George,

Great ad .

I really liked the music, but that's because I had the album 'Pop Said' by The Darling Buds, back in the late 80's. Too bad I can't get hold of it any more . Seeing it prompted me to have aa quick look around to see if I could find any more info on them, and I hadn't realised they had done more than one album!

Anyway, great job .

Dave.
  • Reply 3 of 13
    well done man! i really liked it tron style and all
  • Reply 4 of 13
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    Wow! That was pretty cool. I was expecting one of those Black/pastel commercials but I like this better.

What did you use? 8)
  • Reply 5 of 13
    Very impressive, I liked it!

why would I want to see the insides though, they are not candy coloured?
  • Reply 6 of 13
    I assume you are looking for a little constructive criticism. I like it, but here are a few small things I would change:

- I don't like how it opens up, just dropping that part I think would be better.

- I don't like how the lines of the screen are colored, I see what you're going for, but it doesn't work for me.

- The part after that with the Apple logo blinking in and out is kind of weird, can't put my finger on it, I just don't see how it fits with the guess.

- The kaleidoscope part near the end is cool, but it lasts a little long, just my opinion.

- Rainbow apple logos are a no-no

- Good song, but needs to be a little faster I think.

Other than that, it's really cool. Reminds me of something from VH1.
  • Reply 7 of 13
    Quote:

enjoy-

Cool, i like it.
  • Reply 8 of 13
    I really liked that a lot! But, I agree with others that the music isnt the best. The whole bit with the hearts and then the bit with the stuff where it is like one of those things you look through and its got all those different shapes...I didnt like that. I think some of the color could have been taken away also.
  • Reply 9 of 13
    bergzbergz Posts: 1,045member
    Quote:

Originally posted by freakyfreak

The whole bit with the hearts...

I think this was a tie-in with the lyrics at that particular point, no? It says Ooooh I've loved you and it goes from a circle during Oooh to a heart during love. If it was intentional, makes it cooler.

The relevance of the lyrics makes the song attractive, I think, even if it's not as catchy as any of the ones that Apple's used. And in any case, I don't find most of Apple's commercial songs as catchy when they're not edited down to 30 or 45 secs. The BEP music video?!

--B
  • Reply 10 of 13
    " think this was a tie-in with the lyrics at that particular point, no? It says Ooooh I've loved you and it goes from a circle during Oooh to a heart during love. If it was intentional, makes it cooler."

Very cool of you to pick up on that subtlety, thanks I appreciate that.

thanks,

GM
  • Reply 11 of 13
    Quote:

Originally posted by bergz

The BEP music video?!

--B

i wasn't a big "Hey Mama" fan, they should have used "Let's Get Retarded" best song on the whole cd
  • Reply 12 of 13
    bergzbergz Posts: 1,045member
    Quote:

Originally posted by mattjohndrow

i wasn't a big "Hey Mama" fan, they should have used "Let's Get Retarded" best song on the whole cd

They did, if I remember correctly. But it obviously became "Let's Get Started." Can't find it, but I'm pretty sure I saw it on a MacEvent stream, since in Spain they don't have a whole lot of ipod commercials (I've never even seen an ipod in person).

Anyone back me up here?
  • Reply 13 of 13
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    This would be great for the HP iPod, since it fits in with their theme.

VERY good. I wish I knew where to begin in creating that.