Who's ordered an iMac, and which one?

123457»

Comments

• Reply 121 of 130
    I ordered my 20inch with BT and airport waaaaaay back at the beginning of September with a re-seller... They still don't have a clue when it is due Grrrrrr
  • Reply 122 of 130
    gargar Posts: 1,201member
    Quote:

Originally posted by james_caddy

I ordered my 20inch with BT and airport waaaaaay back at the beginning of September with a re-seller... They still don't have a clue when it is due Grrrrrr

me too.
  • Reply 123 of 130
    Quote:

Originally posted by s.metcalf

Can't wait to get it, 10 days and counting...

Hmmm.. 10 days turned into 3.5 weeks, but its status is "Shipped from Apple's warehouses" and is with the courier company I think. Was hoping to get it today so I can play with it on the weekend but it's not looking that way grrr. Hopefully Monday.
  • Reply 124 of 130
    Quote:

Originally posted by s.metcalf

Hmmm.. 10 days turned into 3.5 weeks, but its status is "Shipped from Apple's warehouses" and is with the courier company I think. Was hoping to get it today so I can play with it on the weekend but it's not looking that way grrr. Hopefully Monday.

relax...

i waited 10 weeks and finally got it november 15th.

the only thing i did after that was setting it up and looking at it.

what an odd machine.
  • Reply 125 of 130
    Quote:

Originally posted by spylaw4

Try this url http://www.apecode.com/appletrack/. Apple use Kuehne & Nagel apparently. I have the same tracking problem and this seems to work.

Oh and my 20" iMac shipped yesterday from Shanghai !!! 7 days early!

That tracking thing has said "Flight Booked" for the last 3 days! WHEN WILL THE WAIT END?!?!? At least get out of shanghai!
  • Reply 126 of 130
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    I orderd my 20" 1.8 Ghz G5 iMac, 160 HD, BT keyboard and mouse, 1 gig ram (2 sticks), on November 15. I actually ordered the same computer but with a 17" but called back and cancelled it because for $400, I'll go with the 20". I guess it makes for a nicer Final Cut Pro view too.

They said it would ship on or before 12/02/04. Sucks!! The 17" would have shipped by 11/18/04. Oh well, I will wait it out.

Eric
  • Reply 127 of 130
    Off-topic

Just bought a second-hand, almost new, 20" G4 iMac for £950, maxed out to 1GB of RAM.

Prefer the mobility of the screen and general look of the G4 and didn't want to take the risk with the whining fan (or whatever causes it) issue of the G5. Will wait until, at least, Rev. A version is out. Shouldn't have any problems selling the G4 if the fancy takes me. At the same time, it *is* a classic design, and so I might just keep it.

And there you have it

- T. I.
  • Reply 128 of 130
    17-inch iMac G5, 1.8 GHz, 1 GB RAM, AirPort Extreme, SuperDrive, Bluetooth/wireless keyboard bundle

Ordered Nov. 5

Shipped Nov. 15

Arrived Nov. 17

Good show by FedEx, even though it helps to gain a day crossing the International Date Line (it looks like it took two days, but it really took three)
  • Reply 129 of 130
    Quote:

Originally posted by The Installer

Off-topic

Just bought a second-hand, almost new, 20" G4 iMac for £950, maxed out to 1GB of RAM.

Prefer the mobility of the screen and general look of the G4 and didn't want to take the risk with the whining fan (or whatever causes it) issue of the G5. Will wait until, at least, Rev. A version is out. Shouldn't have any problems selling the G4 if the fancy takes me. At the same time, it *is* a classic design, and so I might just keep it.

And there you have it

- T. I.

the person who sold it to you is the smartest person in the world.

now he is able to buy the best desktopcomputer ever: the 20"iMacG5, for £400.

• Reply 130 of 130
    Quote:

Originally posted by gar

the person who sold it to you is the smartest person in the world.

now he is able to buy the best desktopcomputer ever: the 20"iMacG5, for £400.

I am quite convinced that I will not lose any money *if* I sell it when the rev. A or B G4's come out, having their teething problems sorted out and possibly having dropped in price too.

My main concern is the noise QC(?) issue with the G4. On the Apple boards, the other day, Apple deleted a topic that run to over 500 posts discussing the whining fan, or whatever it is, issue, only for it to re-appear. I just could not be bothered dealing with that right now.

In the U.K. new G4's are still selling for almost £1,200 , if you can find them that is.

- T. I.