Photos reveal massive Regent Street Apple store

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Following Apple's Regent Street special event, which took place just hours ago, several images of the company's first European retail store have surfaced:

Apple Store Regent Street Entry

Apple Store Regent Street Genius Bar

Macworld U.K. was amongst some of the first media representatives to preview the Regent Street location and have posted an extensive photo gallery from inside the store.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 32
    Apple does take gorgeous photos, don't they?

http://www.apple.com/pr/products/retail/retail.html
  • Reply 2 of 32
    vinney57vinney57 Posts: 1,162member
    Weeeeehooooo!!!

....and one in Kent next year. I'll be in FanBoy heaven. (wonder when Steve will visit?)
  • Reply 3 of 32
    I'll take one in my neighborhood.
  • Reply 4 of 32
    Looking very good . I'll be there at some point on Saturday, can't wait .

Dave.
  • Reply 5 of 32
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Hey, those MacWorld UK photos show the architects. Nice for them to get some credit for a change (though they certainly won't be mentioned at any other point).
  • Reply 6 of 32
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BuonRotto

Hey, those MacWorld UK photos show the architects. Nice for them to get some credit for a change (though they certainly won't be mentioned at any other point).

I actually know the architect(s) who design the glass staircases for the stores. They aren't pictured however. But that's how i originally knew about the spiral staircase in the Tokyo store. Apparently Apple considered the spiral staircase for the SF store as well.
  • Reply 7 of 32
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    Now I'm a bit less enthusiastic about trucking over to the Apple Store in Des Moines. It can't possibly look that gorgeous.

You guys over the pond got a gem of a store. Lucky sods.
  • Reply 8 of 32
    Quote:

Originally posted by applenut

I actually know the architect(s) who design the glass staircases for the stores. They aren't pictured however. But that's how i originally knew about the spiral staircase in the Tokyo store. Apparently Apple considered the spiral staircase for the SF store as well.

I found out about the spiral stair in Tokyo from an interview I had with BCJ on the east coast. Alas, they were looking for a project manager (definitely not for me), and the opening was shelved when a couple of projects went on hold anyway. Peter Bohlin is The Man.
  • Reply 9 of 32
    I hope they have more then one Genius Bartender manning that massive thing. I wonder if they'll let me buy some tech support for that cute blonde on the end.
  • Reply 10 of 32
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BuonRotto

I found out about the spiral stair in Tokyo from an interview I had with BCJ on the east coast. Alas, they were looking for a project manager (definitely not for me), and the opening was shelved when a couple of projects went on hold anyway. Peter Bohlin is The Man.

the two people I know (my friend's cousin and her husband) must work for his firm. When I saw them last year they were preparing their final proposal and talking about having to go to Tokyo.
  • Reply 11 of 32
    MacWorld UK has some pics from the promo event they had today:

http://www.macworld.co.uk/AppleStore/

It looks like a very nice store . Can't wait for Saturday, I'll be like a kid in... well, in an Apple store . I just hope they haven't sold out of the stuff I'm after before I get there!

Dave.
  • Reply 12 of 32
    Quote:

Originally posted by applenut

the two people I know (my friend's cousin and her husband) must work for his firm. When I saw them last year they were preparing their final proposal and talking about having to go to Tokyo.

BCJ has several medium-sized offices around the US and is very well regarded. Their stuff is published all over the place, though they seem a bit reticent to publish another monograph. Bohlin is sort of the cult of personality, but they have a lot of talent in all the offices.
  • Reply 13 of 32
    Wish I was going to this you lucky lot. Been looking forward to it for months. Unfortunately I've got to fly out to Cincinnati in about 4 hours for work and won't be back for over a week.

Oh well.
  • Reply 14 of 32
    Quote:

Originally posted by neondiet

Wish I was going to this you lucky lot. Been looking forward to it for months. Unfortunately I've got to fly out to Cincinnati in about 4 hours for work and won't be back for over a week.

Oh well.

. But look on the bright side, the store will still be there when you get back, and there won't be loads of people crowding it because it's the opening day .

Dave.
  • Reply 15 of 32
    Hm....

London.

Cincinatti.

London.

Cincinatti.

Yup, that sucks.
  • Reply 16 of 32
    Looks very similar to Chicago's Mag Mile store. Great stuff!

Brad
  • Reply 17 of 32
    Just need one in Reading next ( Oh go on even a mini one would do)
  • Reply 18 of 32
    They just did a story on this on the BBC 10 O'Clock News. There are loads of people queued up and it doesn't even open for 12 hours!
  • Reply 19 of 32
    Walked past there early on tonight, Loads of people, looking cold but happy playing on their powerbooks.
  • Reply 20 of 32
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    More pics and a small scale movie of how the q looked at midnight. Now time to get a bit of sleep before getting online.