Need newsgroup software recommendation!

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
entourage is for me too large, and i do believe it eat up the physical memory, and Unison have some compatiblity problem. so I need a recomendation, what is the most popluar newsgroup reader.

thx!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    enderender Posts: 353member
    Been a long time since I needed to read newsgroups, but I think I used something called Hogwasher... Just go to versiontracker.com and search for newsgroup.

-Ender
  • Reply 2 of 8
    Panic have a newsreader, Unison:

http://www.panic.com/unison/

Dave.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    just as I had mentioned, Unison have some compatible problem!
  • Reply 4 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by seen_xu

Sorry, didn't see that bit .
  • Reply 5 of 8
    Check out MT-Newswatcher. It isn't as pretty as Unison, but it is powerful, works very well, is free, and there are versions for both OS X and OS 9.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    keshkesh Posts: 621member
    I understand that Mozilla's Thunderbird is both an email and Usenet client. I just downloaded it yesterday for the sole purpose of newsgroup reading (I use Mail for email). Haven't had a chance to try it yet, but I'll update sometime this weekend with my experiences.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    Depends on what you use Usenet for. If just for the discussion groups, then I find that most of the e-mail/news clients (like Entourage) are pretty much interchangeable. For binaries, I still use Thoth, though that's no longer available. I've been tempted to switch to Unison, but I don't download binaries enough to pay the $, even though it's very pretty (Thoth has this distinct MacOS 9 feel to it). BTW, what kind of problems have you had with Unison?
  • Reply 8 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by seen_xu

... and what would that be?