Tiger Stable Version Date?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I know the eventual ship date of Tiger (OS 10.4) is unknown and that there's lots of speculation about it.

By when do you think Apple will ship a STABLE version of Tiger? Obviously, version 10.4.0 will have some bugs and kinks to work out, so that will definitely not be the right time to buy the OS.

This will help me decide when to buy an iMac and join the Apple world. If a stable version is expected in March, I'll wait until then to make my purchase. If a stable version is only expected by June, then I would definitely bite the bullet and buy an iMac earlier, buying Tiger separately.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    There's no reason to assume the 10.4 release will be unstable, buggy, or otherwise a disaster. Switching, are we? From 10.2 on, I don't think an initial release has had any major problems.

As for the actual date of release, nope, no one knows. Here's hoping we learn more in Jan.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:

Originally posted by JavaCowboy

I know the eventual ship date of Tiger (OS 10.4) is unknown and that there's lots of speculation about it.

By when do you think Apple will ship a STABLE version of Tiger? Obviously, version 10.4.0 will have some bugs and kinks to work out, so that will definitely not be the right time to buy the OS.

This will help me decide when to buy an iMac and join the Apple world. If a stable version is expected in March, I'll wait until then to make my purchase. If a stable version is only expected by June, then I would definitely bite the bullet and buy an iMac earlier, buying Tiger separately.

I have heard rumors of april or the end of april. I am running a beta version of tiger right now and can personally attest that it needs work. Of course this is nothing new while still so far from a release date. hope this helps and welcome to the mac community