4G iPod screen redraw

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Hi

This is gonna seem kinda wierd, but has any one else noticed how poor the screen redraw on the new 4G iPods compared to the original ones?? Maybe its just my machine or maybe I have been spoiled with a First generation iPod for too long I always thought they improved on things like this in each generation?

Let me know if you have noticed this! or anything else that isnt as good as it was before!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by tonton

What you might be noticing as being slower is the fact that the capacity has been greatly increased, so it takes longer to show the complete list of songs.

It wasn't so much the speed of the actual iPod. I was noticing the actual redraw of the screen... The refresh on it seems rather sluggish - so when you scroll through a list its hard to see what you are reading because all the characters blur together. Its no major problem. I just wandered if apple had started using a different screen with an inferior refresh rate or whatever the equivalent is on those little things.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by james_caddy

It wasn't so much the speed of the actual iPod. I was noticing the actual redraw of the screen... The refresh on it seems rather sluggish - so when you scroll through a list its hard to see what you are reading because all the characters blur together. Its no major problem. I just wandered if apple had started using a different screen with an inferior refresh rate or whatever the equivalent is on those little things.

I think it depends on the temperature. When I've been outside in the cold for a while, the screen refreshes extremely slow. But, it's back to normal after being warmed up indoors.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by King Chung Huang

I think it depends on the temperature.

Ive had my iPod for a couple of days now and its still slow to refresh in all conditions... I think I may pop down to the apple store sometime and take a look at the ones they have on display to see if its across the line or just me being super critical! My old 1st Generation ipod still works perfect I havent even had any battery problems!!