Apple cashing in on iPod reputation to sell Macs...

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Just say this banner advert which seems to be running in a few places. Good to see that Apple is using the iPod's reputation to sell iMacs etc now. Is there anything similar in the US?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    tuttletuttle Posts: 301member
    Quote:

Originally posted by G_Warren

Just say this banner advert which seems to be running in a few places. Good to see that Apple is using the iPod's reputation to sell iMacs etc now. Is there anything similar in the US?

I'm a little surprised Apple is being so explicit. I think letting peecee users arrive at the conclusion on their own that if they like their iPod they're going to want to get a Mac rather than being told so directly by Apple.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    bergzbergz Posts: 1,045member
    Why does the PC have a horizontal tower beneath the monitor and a vertical one next to it? No need to exagerrate the space saved with a floating AIO, I'd say.

What a way to waste my 100th post.

--B
  • Reply 3 of 5
    imacfpimacfp Posts: 750member
    Well apprently it's working according to this C-Net article. Survey: Some iPod fans dump PCs for Macs The only downside is that most of the people are stylewise and have money.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    o-maco-mac Posts: 777member
    Yeah that c-net article.

Did you read how at the end of the article the writer warned that Apple had better keep being 'cool' in order to keep up sales?

That, is a bunch of hooey...Apple does not have to do anything drastic to be better. If you ask my paranoid self, I think that was AGAIN another attempt to bash Apple between the lines. I'm so sick and tired of these writers looking for any opportunity to take a stab at Apple.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    yes...and the fear here not too long ago every one here was bitching about the false idea that the iPod would be apple and the mac was history...well, hte mac has been at the root of every choice apple made since ipod for windows!