Today only: Apple slashes iMac G5, iPod prices

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
The Apple Store is offering several promotions today during its one-day only post-Thanksgiving sale. Discounts include $100 savings on most iMac G5 configurations, AirPort Express for $98, .Mac membership for $68, and $20 off digital cameras, JBL's On Tour Speaker System, and select software titles such as Microsoft Office and Adobe Photoshop Elements.

The store is also offering over $20 off all iPod models and discounts on many iPod accessories, such as cases, Griffin's iTrip, and more. A $40 discount on the JBL On Stage and Altec Lansing inMotion IM3 audio systems for the iPod is also available through the Apple Store.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 17
    ...and US Store only.
  • Reply 2 of 17
    just bought myself an airport express and ipod mini and saved about 50 bucks!
  • Reply 3 of 17
    bergzbergz Posts: 1,045member
    Quote:

Originally posted by iGil

...and US Store only.

Even better. Buy with Euros, and get 30% off to boot! All you need to do is have someone send it to you from the states, or go pick it up yourself. I happen to already have plans to do the latter.

Sorry, just remembered that you Danes rejected the Euro.

--B
  • Reply 4 of 17
    satchmosatchmo Posts: 2,699member
    Apple "slashes" iMac G5, iPod prices might be a bit of hyperbole.

It's only $100 off an iMac. Perhaps a better word used would be "drops".
  • Reply 5 of 17
    The discount was even greater in the Apple retail stores!!!

I just picked up my iMac G5, 1.8ghz, 20", 512mb, 160gb, BT internal, wireless mouse and KB for $1598!!!

The computer was listed retail in the store for $2073, today was supposed to be a $100 instant savings, but when I got to the register, the total price came out to $1598--ALMOST $500 OFF!

I signed the transaction and ran from the store as fast as I could!!

LUCKY ME!
  • Reply 6 of 17
    satchmosatchmo Posts: 2,699member
    Quote:

Originally posted by stangmatt66

I just picked up my iMac G5, 1.8ghz, 20", 512mb, 160gb, BT internal, wireless mouse and KB for $1598!!!

The computer was listed retail in the store for $2073, today was supposed to be a $100 instant savings, but when I got to the register, the total price came out to $1598--ALMOST $500 OFF!

LUCKY ME!

Wow! Congrats...don't you just love it when they screw up the prices!
  • Reply 7 of 17
    thttht Posts: 5,443member
    Just purchased a green iPod mini and iTrip mini for my better half. Just hope she doesn't intercept the package and open it.
  • Reply 8 of 17
    Quote:

Originally posted by bergz

Sorry, just remembered that you Danes rejected the Euro.

The US Apple store doesn't seem to allow me to use a foreign credit card. If anyone knows a way around this, I'd be very thankful. If not, just wanna send a mea culpa towards Scandinavia way...

--B
  • Reply 9 of 17
    sjksjk Posts: 603member
    I'd buy an AirPort Express if it could replace the Linksys WET11 that's currently hooked to my PlayStation 2 but I'm skeptical that it would work.
  • Reply 10 of 17
    Quote:

Originally posted by stangmatt66

LUCKY ME!

You got very lucky they didn't notice! When I was there today apparently the prices for 2 iMacs got switched - the 17 inch was ringing for the price of a 20 and the 20 as a 17. Lucky lucky sale.
  • Reply 11 of 17
    I snapped up an iPod mini and a 20 gig iPod at the Austin Apple store today. Business was slammin'. The iMac G5 seems to be a pretty big hit. Saw two of 'em sold in the ten minutes I was there.
  • Reply 12 of 17
    badtzbadtz Posts: 949member
    bought myself an airport express
  • Reply 13 of 17
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    I got a new 20GB iPod
  • Reply 14 of 17
    Quote:

Originally posted by bergz

The US Apple store doesn't seem to allow me to use a foreign credit card. If anyone knows a way around this, I'd be very thankful. If not, just wanna send a mea culpa towards Scandinavia way...

--B

Another way would be to withdraw money from an ATM machine using your credit card, and buying it with hard cash (although you might get charged a percentage for your withdrawal, depending on your contract with your card issuer).

Another way would be to tell Apple to take a copy of your passport, and if anything happens, they can easily find you.

It might be late, but it might work next time (if there is one).
  • Reply 15 of 17
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gene Clean

Another way would be to withdraw money from an ATM machine using your credit card, and buying it with hard cash (although you might get charged a percentage for your withdrawal, depending on your contract with your card issuer).

Another way would be to tell Apple to take a copy of your passport, and if anything happens, they can easily find you.

It might be late, but it might work next time (if there is one).

Had to ultimately discard my scheming and take the $31 dollar discount in USD using my US-issued card. Your plan would have presupposed my presence stateside ( or at least that of my card), which wouldn't have been feasible (I had planned to have the item shipped to CA and then pick it up when I travel there in Dec.) For those who say that the weak dollar doesn't drive up demand for US exports!

--B
  • Reply 16 of 17
    the one day I sleep all day because of thanksgiving night drinking...is the one day I could have saved money.

crap