for MATLAB users...

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
hi,

I use MATLAB 7 for osx (thru X11) and everything works fine just like it used to when I used matlab in windows. But yesterday I was writing some code in a m-file and i needed to write "[" and "]" but I wasn't able to do it has I normally do in any other os x application (alt+8 and alt+9). I don't know how to solve this problem, I've tried other key combinations but nothing seems to do the trick. Anyone has ever run in to this problem ?

thanks

peace

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    i guess you're not using a powerbook/ibook and you don't have numlock on ?

it's the only non software reason that i could think of since i don't know matlab.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    double post
  • Reply 3 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by r3dx0r

i guess you're not using a powerbook/ibook and you don't have numlock on ?

it's the only non software reason that i could think of since i don't know matlab.

I'm using a PowerBook G4 12", what has num lock to do with it ?

thanks
  • Reply 4 of 7
    r3dx0rr3dx0r Posts: 201member
    well if numlock is on alt +8,9 doesn't work. but i guess you'd have noticed if it was.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by r3dx0r

well if numlock is on alt +8,9 doesn't work. but i guess you'd have noticed if it was.

yes, I'm aware of that..that's not it \

it's a software problem I guess..

thanks
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by wanea

(alt+8 and alt+9)

Why are you using alt+8 and alt+9 for [ and ]? MATLAB has no problem with the [ and ] keys on my PowerBook.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by Noleli2

Why are you using alt+8 and alt+9 for [ and ]? MATLAB has no problem with the [ and ] keys on my PowerBook.

my PB keyboard is in western spanish. In all other text-related programs I use, I have to use alt+8 or alt+9 for [ or ]. What key combinations do you use ?

thanks