iBook, 10.3.6 and Speedtouch 330 ADSL Modem...

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I am having a little trouble with my broadband connection recently. It worked fine for the first couple of months, but my laptop is a bit unhappy with the Alcatel Speedtouch 330 modem.

I'd say about 80% of the time when I start up, when I go to connect, my iBook says the device cannot be found. This can happen when it is plugged into either USB port. If I look at the modem, both green leds are on, which is good, but every ten seconds or so one goes red, so it is clearly not entirely happy - this is only normally red during startup etc.

When my iBook brings up this error message, if i pull out the USB cable, it freezes with the lovely four language hit the restart message thing. Any suggestions? I have the latest drivers for my modem. Not sure if this happened after 10.3.6 upgrade or not.

Any help greatly appreciated - it took my about ten restarts to get it to work this time! When it does eventually let me connect, it works flawlessly.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    Quote:

Originally posted by G_Warren

I am having a little trouble with my broadband connection recently. It worked fine for the first couple of months, but my laptop is a bit unhappy with the Alcatel Speedtouch 330 modem.

I'd say about 80% of the time when I start up, when I go to connect, my iBook says the device cannot be found. This can happen when it is plugged into either USB port. If I look at the modem, both green leds are on, which is good, but every ten seconds or so one goes red, so it is clearly not entirely happy - this is only normally red during startup etc.

When my iBook brings up this error message, if i pull out the USB cable, it freezes with the lovely four language hit the restart message thing. Any suggestions? I have the latest drivers for my modem. Not sure if this happened after 10.3.6 upgrade or not.

I have/had the same modem and the same problem. The only way I was able to resolve it after upgrading OS's was to get a new ethernet DSL modem. That damn stingray-looking speedtouch usb was hopeless. I havent had any problems since then. Good Luck.

Any help greatly appreciated - it took my about ten restarts to get it to work this time! When it does eventually let me connect, it works flawlessly.