I Need Help: Data Recovery Fast!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited December 2014
hey there

I am in a sticky situation and need some advice from a more experienced user.

Last night i managed to delete a user account, not realising that with it went all my iphotos and itunes files. I dont care about the music, but i really need my pictures back. i read on apple help that by using data recovery software it was possible to recount lost files even when deleted, but not secure deleted.

To add to this i really need to be doing uni work asap and am worried that if i start rendering films etc. i will quickly overwrite vast portions of my photos.

Does anybody know whether this is possible, what the best method to do this is, anything?!

I am desparate.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    amoryaamorya Posts: 1,103member
    Don't use the computer again until you do the recovery!!! Even normal use will cause virtual memory files to overwrite stuff!
  • Reply 2 of 9
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    data recovery agencies ... comes to how valuable your iphoto libraries are. very rough estimate on getting data out of your hard drive is 2000 $ but it may be more or less too.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    One of several packages:

http://www.stellarinfo.com/mac-data-recovery.htm

Also, try searching for "Mac data recovery" or similar on Google.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    OK, if you are looking for pictures, you may be able to trick Exif Untrasher into searching your hard drive for the images. It will search for the Exif data added from your camera to recover the files. It would be a good idea to save them on a second drive.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Don't start up off that drive anymore.

You'll need another HD to start up off of and recover to.

You'll want to get this program and run it.

I'm 99% sure it WILL find everything...and more.

I had a similar problem where my drive partition wouldn't even recognize. Data rescue x got 95% of my files back at least.

Well it's not letting me PM you, but if you need help getting Data Rescue X, let me know, I can help.
  • Reply 6 of 9

No need to worry at all... You can easily recover deleted files from mac system from an updated backup. But in case you do not have backup, then it would be better to use mac data recovery tool which will entirely help you to recover data from mac based hard drives.

For more info, this could help you:

http://www.mactrashrecovery.net/undelete-emptiedfiles-after-harddiskcrashes.php

• Reply 7 of 9

If you want to recover lost files from mac and you are searching effective and fast way solution use  Kernel Recovery For Macintosh  tool. With the this software you can quickly restore all data from mac hard disk drive. Read http://www.macrecoverytool.net/

• Reply 8 of 9

You may not necessarily be aware of a hard drive problem until the moment at which the drive itself ceases to function. This is a common issue that many computer users find themselves having to deal with, especially if the failure occurs before they have had a chance to complete their regular scheduled backup.

Hard Drive Recovery Dublin