Apple and Nintendo partnership?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    Apple should partner with Nintendo to help both companies go out of business faster.
  • Reply 22 of 27
    Nintendo making animated movies now. Pixar makes animated movies. Common ground is Technology. i see something brewing...not sure what.
  • Reply 23 of 27
    hegorhegor Posts: 160member
    I highly doubt that Nintendo and Apple will ever collaborate. Other than Nintendo and Apple both using IBM supplied PPC processors they have little in common. Well ARM processors too.

Though I've always felt that Apple should collaborate to engineer and design a home console system. If I was Mr. Jobs I'd take the "hired gun" approach to the home console market. Get a partner, engineer it, build it, let them sell and develop on it, and licence it. Apple justs take a nice slice of the money and runs it to the bank.

Then again I think this was the exact approach that was taken with the Pippin and it bombed. But did Apple lose any money on it?

I highly doubt that the next gen xbox will be combined with a PC, because it is already confirmd that the next Xbox will be powerpc based as well. The development platform for the next Xbox is a G5 powermac running a specailized verson of windows NT on it.
  • Reply 24 of 27
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    The next gen x box emulator would be a wonderful little piece of software for the Mac platform. M$ could even produce it. Although, they would probably sell it for more than you could buy a new xbox system for.

On another note, Jobs hates games. But, now, games are a several billion dollar segment of the entertainment business.
  • Reply 25 of 27
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    Quote:

Originally posted by slughead

oh lord for the last time, instruction set doesn't matter, only OS matters!

For the last time, neither matters. Money matters. If there's 10 times more trouble in a PC port than there is in a Mac port, but 100 times more money to be made by the PC port, then the PC port will get made first, technical obstacles be damned.

Mac ports are lucky to break even, and when they do they don't earn much. They're considered risks by the people who hold the purse strings (who don't know from operating systems, and don't care), and only undertaken when other releases (on PCs and/or consoles) have proven profitable.
  • Reply 26 of 27
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    you may have a point.. about what I don't know, but you may have one.
  • Reply 27 of 27
    gordygordy Posts: 1,004member
    Quote:

Originally posted by slughead

Jobs hates games.

Not games in general, just Pippin.