I need some network printing help

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Here's the current networking setup:

Our DSL modem/router runs into a switch which sends our networking cables out to each computer.

In front of me, I have the network jack which comes from the above mentioned switch, going from the wall into a second switch. From this second switch, one cable goes into a desktop computer and one cable goes into my Apple Airport Express.

The Airport Express sends signal to my Apple Powerbook in another room and also the touchscreen computer in front of me.

The network plug in my office which has my Powerbook is running into a HP Deskjet 6127 networking printer.

I'm trying to get this touch screen computer to print to that HP printer. My Powerbook, which is getting its network signal from the same Airport Express as this touch screen is able to print to the Deskjet.

This touchscreen is running Windows 2000.

Can anyone help?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    Quote:

Originally posted by jessearl

Here's the current networking setup:

Our DSL modem/router runs into a switch which sends our networking cables out to each computer.

In front of me, I have the network jack which comes from the above mentioned switch, going from the wall into a second switch. From this second switch, one cable goes into a desktop computer and one cable goes into my Apple Airport Express.

The Airport Express sends signal to my Apple Powerbook in another room and also the touchscreen computer in front of me.

The network plug in my office which has my Powerbook is running into a HP Deskjet 6127 networking printer.

I'm trying to get this touch screen computer to print to that HP printer. My Powerbook, which is getting its network signal from the same Airport Express as this touch screen is able to print to the Deskjet.

This touchscreen is running Windows 2000.

Can anyone help?

The printer and the computer must be on the same subnet.

Is the Airport Express acting distributing IP addresses? If so your devices are on different subnets. I don't have an Airport Express, but I know that Airport Basestations can be put into bridging mode to pass addresses from the router upstream...

Hope this helps