iPod Flash... (picture!)

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
OK - sorry about the hyped title... Anyway here is my idea and mock-up for the flash model - 512k flash - USB 2 (note: firewire not required as data transfer is low) - 5 colours and a free Gym workout training chart... As this babe is aimed at sports lovers of the world...

I have an iPod 3G and to be honest it is too much for the gym or jogging - OK the mini would be fine but a flash based iPod is a solution for me and most people - give it a $99 / £79 (yeah I know UK fans) price tag and I think Apple are there... Sorry about the pink - enjoy the pic

Don't slate me...

R

Comments

• Reply 1 of 59
    Ten bucks says it's going to be "iPod flash" and not "iPod Flash".
  • Reply 2 of 59
    Quote:

Originally posted by bborofka

Ten bucks says it's going to be "iPod flash" and not "iPod Flash".

I don't think it'll be Flash or flash - iPod sport - maybe???
  • Reply 3 of 59
    iPod tiny?
  • Reply 4 of 59
  • Reply 6 of 59
    cubistcubist Posts: 954member
    Wow, some of those are really cool. I really like the iPod Card. It could be PCMCIA - stick it in your PowerBook slot to sync.
  • Reply 7 of 59
    It's not gonna look anything like the mock up posted originally. If it did, Apple would have had it removed by now. It's going to be much thinner then pictured.
  • Reply 8 of 59
    gordygordy Posts: 1,004member
    I'm lovin' the iPod micro pic. Looks feasible.

• Reply 9 of 59
    rhumgodrhumgod Posts: 1,289member
    I'm hoping people will, some day soon, get the fact that iPod = Digital Hub.

Aside from that, I would bet we will see something similar at MWSF 05.
  • Reply 10 of 59
    Quote:

Originally posted by gordy

I'm lovin' the iPod micro pic. Looks feasible.

i would definitely be up for that!
  • Reply 11 of 59
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    Off to Digital Hub we go.
  • Reply 12 of 59
    slugheadslughead Posts: 1,169member
    I think it's funny that we always seem to find the designs of things way before they're out, and then right before they're released there's all this skepticism.

Remember with the imac G5 how we knew it was going to be a thin box on top of the stand months before, and at the last minute we got pyramidal designs with the metal arm coming out?

I bet the "screenless" and text2speech features will be the debate for january.

any takers?
  • Reply 13 of 59
    rolorolo Posts: 686member
    My idea for a thin flash-based iPod micro:

• Reply 14 of 59
    You know, who was it that moved this tread. Last time I checked this IS future Apple Hardware. Like common people this belongs in Future Hardware. Very stupid to move this
  • Reply 15 of 59
    Quote:

Originally posted by Rhumgod

I'm hoping people will, some day soon, get the fact that iPod = Digital Hub.

Aside from that, I would bet we will see something similar at MWSF 05.

I am hoping one day, one day very soon people will realize iPod=Future Apple Hardware!
  • Reply 16 of 59
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Okay, kids, forum guidelines and the captions under the forum headings declare that iPod threads are to go into the Digital Hub forum. Grow up, move on. It's not a big deal.

Anyway, I like the keychain fob idea, though perhaps your headphones would get really tangled with your keys easily. I'm also hoping that they're able to make a much thinner iPod. Though it won't look like that second link in k_munic's post, the gist of something closer to a credit card in thickness if not overall dimension (keep it in your wallet) seems like a good goal to shoot for. It probably won't be that thin, but a 1/8" iPod micro that's the same face area as the mini seems to have more advantages in certain ways than a doughnut-hole sized unit that's as thick as the mini too.

At such a small size, the shape of the thing becomes even more important, because gripping or handling the buttons is going to be more difficult when it's much smaller than the palm of your hand. If I sit here and imagine holding something so small, I imagine that you hold it between your thumb and your index finger, but maybe the display is difficult to see since your thumb tends to be in the way when you're pressing buttons or scrolling. That's why I'm a bit partial to the top-edge display, even it it's only one line. It's more like a beeper.
  • Reply 17 of 59
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BuonRotto

Okay, kids, forum guidelines and the captions under the forum headings declare that iPod threads are to go into the Digital Hub forum. Grow up, move on. It's not a big deal.

grow up?

a thread about a future hardware product was removed from the future hardware forum. perhaps you need to reevaluate things instead of telling people to grow up.
  • Reply 18 of 59
    k_munick_munic Posts: 357member
    IF we will see a flash based iPod, it will have the dimensions of a creditcard - anything else is less "cool".

anyone remembering this creditcard-calculators? plain white, single line display, four arrows (no, no scroll wheel for that price).

I will love this moment, when Steve "one little more thing" grabs this shiny white card out of his jeans pocket
  • Reply 19 of 59
    Quote:

Originally posted by BuonRotto

Okay, kids, forum guidelines... Grow up, move on. It's not a big deal... ETC

OK - BuonRotto - I've been using Apple computers for well over 15 years and just because I choose to add discussion I don't expect a half wit mod like you to think I'm a less pundit...

The worse thing about Apple Insider is the Mods - THEY ARE ALL EGOTISTIC ARSEHOLES (ASSHOLES - yank speak).

As for moviong this thread - it proves the point even more...

Its no wonder this site is dry of NEW ideas...

R
  • Reply 20 of 59
    jambojambo Posts: 3,036member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Rendezvous

OK - BuonRotto - I've been using Apple computers for well over 15 years and just because I choose to add discussion I don't expect a half wit mod like you to think I'm a less pundit...

The worse thing about Apple Insider is the Mods - THEY ARE ALL EGOTISTIC ARSEHOLES (ASSHOLES - yank speak).

As for moviong this thread - it proves the point even more...

Its no wonder this site is dry of NEW ideas...

R

1 - BuonRotto is not a Mod, read his title, look it up in the dictionary.

2 - Get a grip, someone moved a thread, you disagree - no big deal.

C - Please don't continue on with comments like this, my banning finger is twitching.

Thanks