odd behavoir with leaving sleep on my PB

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
It used to be that as long as my laptop (PB 12" DVI 1.0 ghz 768megs ram) was asleep with the lid closed i could plug in and unplug the power cables with noting happening as far as waking from sleep. I know certain USB cables of mine would wake but never the normal power cable (OEM one that came with it, not a 3rd party) would wake it up on a unplug of that cable.

What really gets me is i can't figure out what it was i may have changed to do this. I started about 3 days ago. The last time i updated my computer was the 10.3.6 but it worked the "right" way with 10.3.6 for a while until this started.

I have tested this with other chargers too and the same thing happens.

Thanks in advance for any help ideas

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    No idea. But you could always try to reset the PMU.

Quote:

1. If the computer is on, turn it off.

2. Reset the power manager by simultaneously pressing and then releasing Shift-Control-Option-Power on the keyboard. Do not press the fn (Function) key while using this combination of keystrokes.

3. Wait 5 seconds.

4. Press the Power button to restart the computer.

• Reply 2 of 3
    Same thing happens to me on a PB 17" 1.33Ghz model. Started a while ago. I am just dealing with it and I don't really care.

just my 2 cents.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Quote:

Originally posted by PB

No idea. But you could always try to reset the PMU.

Without being brave enough to try this myself, what happens if you do hit the Fn (function) key along with those keystrokes??

rberry88