Quick question: Is this Apple survey real or spam?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
http://survey.QAR.com/apple/0xxxx.php?var=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

(I x'd out the numbers in case it contains ID info).

I don't mind doing a survey for Apple, but I just want to be sure the survey company is legit....

Mail server was atlas.qar.com

Quote:

On behalf of Apple Computer, we would like to invite you to participate in a survey of our customers. Your opinion is very important to us, and your input will help shape future Apple products.

All information that you provide will be treated as strictly confidential, and will be used only for bona fide market research purposes. Survey results are viewed in the aggregate; individual responses are not identified.

To participate in this survey, please click on the link below (or copy the address into your browser). <snip>

QAR.com seems like a valid company though...

Damn spam making me paranoid

So your thoughts? Yea or nay?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    probably not spam.. did you make an apple purchase/support solicitation in the recent past? They probably want to know about it... IIRC I have done one of these and it related to my sister's iBook that had a problem during an AppleCare servicing.

I don't remember the name of the company exactly, but that name looks somewhat familiar... I wouldn't be too worried...'
  • Reply 2 of 3
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    It's been quite a while since my last purchase, that's why it seemed odd.

But yeah, it's looking like it's legit. Thanks
  • Reply 3 of 3
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    Well I took the survey and it makes me feel like Apple will be releasing a touch-sensitive portable DJ dance tablet with camera and video conferencing built-in, along with PIM scheduling and spreadsheet software, with wireless FireWire and digital video editing and broadcasting capabilities.