Overheard At Radio Shack

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I was in Radio Shack today at a local mall looking at the radio control toys trying to find one for my 10 year old nephew. While browsing a young woman came in and asked the salesperson (only one in the store at the time) if they had a iPod mini for sale. He said no, but they had a 20 GB iPod that was only $50 more and had more capacity. She said, "ah, no thanks" and walked out. I followed her and spoke to her outside the store and told her to go to nearby Apple Store in the Town Center Mall and that they had plenty of mini's for sale. She thanked me and said she'd go there right away. You see, size isn't everything, even to a pretty young woman!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 14
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    We need some kind of phase that's not as harsh as "stocker" but conveys the level some apple fanatics go to to promote the brand.
  • Reply 2 of 14
    I did not intend to, nor do I go around promoting Apple products to strangers. In this case, the woman was noticably upset that she couldn't purchase a mini at Radio Shack. The moment came and I, as a good citizen, spoke out. Sue me!
  • Reply 3 of 14
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

We need some kind of phase that's not as harsh as "stocker" but conveys the level some apple fanatics go to to promote the brand.

You have an issue with people who do stocking? Who else is going to keep the store shelves filled?

Now, if you were talking about stalkers, that'd be a different thing all together.
  • Reply 4 of 14
    pbg4 dudepbg4 dude Posts: 1,611member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacsRGood4U

I did not intend to, nor do I go around promoting Apple products to strangers. In this case, the woman was noticably upset that she couldn't purchase a mini at Radio Shack. The moment came and I, as a good citizen, spoke out. Sue me!

I'm sure the fact that she was a pretty young woman didn't have anything to do with it at all.
  • Reply 5 of 14
    Quote:

Originally posted by PBG4 Dude

I'm sure the fact that she was a pretty young woman didn't have anything to do with it at all.

Ummm, on advice of my lawyer I plead the fifth.......
  • Reply 6 of 14
    pbg4 dudepbg4 dude Posts: 1,611member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacsRGood4U

Ummm, on advice of my lawyer I plead the fifth.......

• Reply 7 of 14
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

"converted"?

"cult member?"

"faithful?"

• Reply 8 of 14
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Did you bone her?
  • Reply 9 of 14
    Radio Shack carries iPods????
  • Reply 10 of 14
    Quote:

Originally posted by murbot

Did you bone her?

A more realistic question would be:

Did you drool on her?
  • Reply 11 of 14
    cooopcooop Posts: 390member
    Quote:

Originally posted by neutrino23

Radio Shack carries iPods????

HPods
  • Reply 12 of 14
    Quote:

Did you bone her?

I was going to say, I read a letter to penthouse forum once that pretty much the same story......except the first line was; I never dreamed it could happen to me........
  • Reply 13 of 14
    the other thing i like about this thread is you can tell where our "heads" are at..... there is the "RadioShack carries iPods?" crew, and then we have the "did you bone her?" clan, of which I am proud to be a "member".
  • Reply 14 of 14
    rhumgodrhumgod Posts: 1,289member
    Quote:

Did you bone her?

I thought SJ promoted the Titanium PB as "pure sex". I guess a new ad is forthcoming (no pun intended).