Printing multiple copies of the same photo in iPhoto

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I want to print out multiple copies of the same photo in iPhoto. I want, say, to have 4 3x5 photos on each page. Will iPhoto do this? I could do a page of N versions of the photo, but I am concerned I won't be able to control the size of the photos.

I haven't been able to figure out how to do this, short of creating an album and putting four aliases of the same photo in it and then printing the album. One would think there would be a simpler way...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    pbg4 dudepbg4 dude Posts: 1,611member
    I can't find a way to print multiple copies of a single pic without using the N-Up option. I guess your idea of creating an album with multiple copies of the same picture is the only way to do this.

I think I'm going to send Apple a suggestion to add this capability in the next version. Maybe if you and other people did the same Apple will add this function.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    Right...I don't want to use the N-up because the photos are not of a standard size.

I will send Apple a suggestion about this. The other thing I wish iPhoto did (which I will also suggest) is rotate photos at a user-defined angle. I have photos that were taken with a camera that wasn't level and it would be so easy to correct this if iPhoto would allow me to just rotate and crop.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Sammy Davis

I want to print out multiple copies of the same photo in iPhoto. I want, say, to have 4 3x5 photos on each page. Will iPhoto do this? I could do a page of N versions of the photo, but I am concerned I won't be able to control the size of the photos.

I haven't been able to figure out how to do this, short of creating an album and putting four aliases of the same photo in it and then printing the album. One would think there would be a simpler way...

If I'm understanding you correctly its something I do all the time. Choose "standard prints" and choose 3 X 5 and make sure one print per page is not selected. that puts 4 3 x 5 photos on one single sheet of paper.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by applenut

If I'm understanding you correctly its something I do all the time. Choose "standard prints" and choose 3 X 5 and make sure one print per page is not selected. that puts 4 3 x 5 photos on one single sheet of paper.

Yeah, I am doing that. I am putting that I want 4 copies of the photo and I do not have the box for one print per page checked. So instead of getting a page full of photos, I get a single photo in the upper left corner of a single page.

I could swear I used to do this all the time, but it may have been using Epson Film Factory back in the old days. I am running iPhoto 4.0.3 under system 10.3.6.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    pbg4 dudepbg4 dude Posts: 1,611member
    Quote:

Originally posted by applenut

This works if you have multiple photos selected. If you have only one photo selected iPhoto will only put one copy of this picture on a page. In other words, for iPhoto to put 4 3x5 photos on a single page you have to have 4 pictures selected.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Quote:

Originally posted by PBG4 Dude

This works if you have multiple photos selected. If you have only one photo selected iPhoto will only put one copy of this picture on a page. In other words, for iPhoto to put 4 3x5 photos on a single page you have to have 4 pictures selected.

ah, yes, i see this now.

well, that is certainly stupid huh.

i guess a makeshift and very poor solution could be to make 3 duplicates of the photo you want and select all 4.

for a company that makes its living off its attention to detail, sometimes their oversights are stunning
  • Reply 7 of 8
    Address Book has a similar problem: try printing return address labels. Multiple copies of the same item on a page seems to be something that isn't thought out across all the Apple software.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    jekbraajekbraa Posts: 5member
    I want to print out multiple copies of the same photo in iPhoto. I want to say on each page 3x5 photo 4. Do this in iPhoto? I can do a photo of the version of the page but I am worried I will not be able to control the size of the photo.