Comments

• Reply 1 of 79
    Quote:

Originally posted by BNOYHTUAWB

SWUpdate!

Damn! Beat me to it .
  • Reply 2 of 79
    7S215 as the last seed on ADC ...

Works fine for me. Changes as heard on AppleInsider ...
  • Reply 4 of 79
    Can anyone see if the Powerbook numbers back in 10.3.7? If not, I still believe the G5 pbook is still coming.
  • Reply 5 of 79
    AppleInsiderAppleInsider Posts: 63,192administrator
    Apple has released its final OS update of the 2004 calendar year, Mac OS X 10.3.7 Update

As expected, Apple Computer today released Mac OS X 10.3.7 Update, a maintenance release for its Mac OS X 10.3 "Panther" operating system.

According to the release notes, the 10.3.7 Update delivers enhanced functionality and improved reliability for Mac OS X v10.3 "Panther" and is recommended for all users.

Key enhancements include: improved AFP support for saving documents with long file names, improved OpenGL technology and updated ATI and NVIDIA graphics drivers, improved FireWire device compatibility, updated Preview application, improved compatibility for third party applications, previous standalone security updates.

For more detailed information on this Update, Apple asks that you visit this website: http://www.info.apple.com/kbnum/n300385

For detailed information on Security Updates, users should view this website: http://www.info.apple.com/kbnum/n61798
  • Reply 6 of 79
    addisonaddison Posts: 1,185member
    I am just repairing permissions and Oh Boy! I have never seen so many changes.
  • Reply 7 of 79
    jonejone Posts: 102member
    Anyone notice improvements in 3D or browsing speeds? I've tested World of Warcraft and Safari and notice slight improvements, as well as general zippiness of OS X as a whole. Although it could just be placebo.
  • Reply 8 of 79
    kalikali Posts: 634member
    I'm afraid to install this update. I had so many problems after upgrading from 10.3.3 to 10.3.4, and after to .3.5 and .3.6. I saw almost no improvements at all on my system since 10.3.3, and had some nasty problems. So I downgraded to 10.3.3, about one month ago and I'll wait.

Dual G4 867MHz, 1.5 GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro video card.
  • Reply 9 of 79
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Addison

I am just repairing permissions and Oh Boy! I have never seen so many changes.

my computer has taken about 4 minutes to load ever since 10.3.6 so looking forward to this update! Does anyone know if those powerbook g5 numbers are back?
  • Reply 10 of 79
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kali

So I downgraded to 10.3.3, about one month ago and I'll wait.

Care to explain how you did that? The only approach I know of to work without causing more problems is to backup, reformat, reinstall 10.3, and then work up through the upgrades to 10.3.3.
  • Reply 11 of 79
    my samba printing issues are over... *jaay!*

it only took two upgrades apple!

now please fix my "could not find alias" while trying to connect to my smb workstations
  • Reply 12 of 79
    Is there native support for any dual-layer DVD burners? I know that there is patchburn and toast but I've been waiting for Apple support before I buy any of those drives.
  • Reply 13 of 79
    noirdesirnoirdesir Posts: 1,027member
    Quote:

Originally posted by hdcool

my samba printing issues are over... *jaay!*

it only took two upgrades apple!

now please fix my "could not find alias" while trying to connect to my smb workstations

Have a look at this workaround:

http://www.macwindows.com/panther.html#120704
  • Reply 14 of 79
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    I've installed it and certain graphic functions definately seem faster. For me I notice it most when scrolling menus and web pages in Mozilla.

Nick
  • Reply 15 of 79
    kalikali Posts: 634member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kickaha

Care to explain how you did that? The only approach I know of to work without causing more problems is to backup, reformat, reinstall 10.3, and then work up through the upgrades to 10.3.3.

Yes, I was forced to backup and reformat the HD, and reinstalling everything from the backup :-( Insane night, at that time, but now everything is okay.
  • Reply 16 of 79
    I've updated, without any issues, but I checked the version number of Preview before I upgraded to 10.3.7 and it seems to be the same as the post-update Preview.

10.3.6 - 2.1.0 (v211)

10.3.7 - 2.1.0 (v211)

So much for an updated version of Preview for me.

Can someone who hasn't updated check the version number of Preview and post it here? Maybe I'm just on glue.
  • Reply 17 of 79
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kickaha

Why reformat the drive? What's wrong with a plain old archive and install?
  • Reply 18 of 79
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    You can't archive and install over a *newer* OS version that I know of.
  • Reply 19 of 79
    telomartelomar Posts: 1,804member
    Quote:

Originally posted by audiopollution

I've updated, without any issues, but I checked the version number of Preview before I upgraded to 10.3.7 and it seems to be the same as the post-update Preview.

10.3.6 - 2.1.0 (v211)

10.3.7 - 2.1.0 (v211)

So much for an updated version of Preview for me.

Can someone who hasn't updated check the version number of Preview and post it here? Maybe I'm just on glue.

Under 10.3.7 it's 2.1.1 (v211) for me.
  • Reply 20 of 79
    Quote:

Originally posted by Telomar

Under 10.3.7 it's 2.1.1 (v211) for me.

Hmmm. I wonder why I still have the old version of Preview?