My ipod is formatted for a PC, will it still update correctly through my mac at home?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
My ipod is formatted so I can use it between work (PC) and home (Mac). That rocks. I am curious if my iPod will udpate correctly with any updates from Apple since it is linked to my iMac for songs but is formatted for a PC.

Regards,

Eric

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    fulmerfulmer Posts: 171member
    I've been using my new 60GB iPod photo with my Windows PC at work and my Mac at home. Things are great...
  • Reply 2 of 6
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    Have you noticed if the file names rename themselves with all caps in the filename when switching from PC to Mac?

I had a frontpage meltdown that renamed all my files and my website was down for 30 hours while I rebuilt the entire thing. PISSED! It was my work website. I believe it was caused by Virtual PC, however, it makes me gun shy to edit my website on my ipod anymore.

I do use it for a portable hdd everysingle day to and from work and home.

Eric
  • Reply 3 of 6
    fulmerfulmer Posts: 171member
    when I have the iPod connected at work, the file names are normal. when I view them on my Mac, they're a mix of all caps or not capitalized (normal).
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by aplnub

Have you noticed if the file names rename themselves with all caps in the filename when switching from PC to Mac?

I had a frontpage meltdown that renamed all my files and my website was down for 30 hours while I rebuilt the entire thing. PISSED! It was my work website. I believe it was caused by Virtual PC, however, it makes me gun shy to edit my website on my ipod anymore.

I do use it for a portable hdd everysingle day to and from work and home.

Eric

Maybe keep all of the files .zipped (or whatever compression scheme you like)? This way the only file that could have its capitalization tweaked is the compressed file.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    I am going to do a small test. I will only edit the website using FrontPage on a PC connected to my Ipod via usb/fw.

I am pretty sure VPC did the screw up when I copied files into windows.

The zip is a good idea!!

ERic