iPod's gone wonky.

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Don't know what the hell's happening. My screen glitches and freezes for no reason. Then nothing I can do short of a reset can make it respond again. The iPod continues operating as normal. Songs play. I can use all of the buttons, and they respond correctly (I can easily adjust volume and skip tracks and pause).

I reset. After a long reset (the 40 take a long time to start up) the iPod works... for about five minutes, then the screen freezes again. Even if I let it go to sleep, the frozen display stays on. One press to start up, then play to play, and it will continue playing, but the screen doesn't get unstuck.

I'm very frustrated, and I really don't want to have to return the iPod to Apple.

It's EXTREMELY fortunate that I got Applecare before my warranty expired two months ago.

Anyone hear of this problem? Any way I can fix it short of sending the iPod to Apple?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    telomartelomar Posts: 1,804member
    I'd say you'd need to contact Apple. It does seem the software on the iPod can go quite screwy though because mine will restart itself playing after you've paused it. Not so much a problem until you come back to it later and find its battery nearly dead.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Telomar

I'd say you'd need to contact Apple. It does seem the software on the iPod can go quite screwy though because mine will restart itself playing after you've paused it. Not so much a problem until you come back to it later and find its battery nearly dead.

i found that even though my calendars were turned off on the iPod it started playing if the alarm clock was set and there was an event in your calendars. But if your iPod has gone 'wonky' why not try doing a software reset.