Favorite Apple product and why?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
What's has been your favorite Apple produce ever that you have used and why? Do you still use it on a frequent basis?

Mine is my current PB G4 1.5. It's really my first Mac and I use it everyday at my small business and I bring it home at night to surf the web with.

It does everything from play my DVD's to keeping an account of my business and employee files.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 23
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    I know what will win.

"My current"
  • Reply 2 of 23
    Currently, my fave is GarageBand. It's just fun.
  • Reply 3 of 23
    My souped-up dual 2.5Ghz G5 (see sig). by far the fastest personal computer i have ever touched or seen. no crashes, lightning fast, and pretty

2nd place goes to my iPod for changing the way I listen to music.
  • Reply 4 of 23
    dfilerdfiler Posts: 3,420member
    iChat + iSight

After getting my dad an iSight to go with the new iMac he just bought... I've spoken to him more in the past few weeks then in the previous few years.

• Reply 5 of 23
    I would say my old white iBook 500 dual USB. It was my first mac. I can OS 10.0 on it for awhile and now I've own a 15" PowerBook, 12" PowerBook, and 17" iMac G5.

The iBook was my first mac when I switched from windows 98. Best thing I've ever done! I loved the 15" powerbook (sold it on ebay). Love my iMac. Love the 12" powerbook.

But my iBook is serving my website right now and is still running strong.
  • Reply 6 of 23
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    dangerous question ....

of the things i can mention,

i think i should mention newton, and for some reasons i should not mention newton... but this goes beyond hardware or software.

ipod. itunes. ichat, sight, garageband, my powerbook, the ibook (when i had it), ... xserve raid. workgroup cluster... dunno? \
  • Reply 7 of 23
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    Apple's forthcoming SpongePod Squarepants, of course!

ca-ching!
  • Reply 8 of 23
    Only thing I dislike about Apple is their pricing for the third world. I love everything else.

That would mean my 17" USB2.0 iMac (1.25GHz G4), my iSight camera and my iPod.
  • Reply 9 of 23
    :-):-) Posts: 110member
    Best Apple product: Mac OS X...
  • Reply 10 of 23
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    iPod/iTunes

I got my first iPod two years ago and I liked it, but at the time I didn't use it too often. Now, the iPod has totally changed my life in that it makes music in my car so much easier. I've taken out all of my CDs and it's all iPod now. It make life so much easier, and my friends like it, even though plenty of them have their own iPods. I'm always amazed at how I can't go more than a few minutes in school now without seeing someone with an iPod. It's really a cool feeling as an Apple fan.
  • Reply 11 of 23
    My Powerbook G4 for the convience. I love it because I can take it anywhere I go and have access to a computer.

Matt8)
  • Reply 12 of 23
    gongon Posts: 2,437member
    12" iBook G4. Only Apple hardware product that is unquestionably competetive in price. A machine I could recommend to anybody except gamers, with no hesitation.

No, I don't have one, but I'm thinking of switching my new 15" Powerbook to the iBook for price/warranty/portability reasons.
  • Reply 13 of 23
    My little 12" ibook g3. It's small, light and does what I need it to do. May no have the best gaming performance, but that's what a desktop is for.
  • Reply 14 of 23
    My favorite so far is Airport Extreme. It provides great wireless Internet. Hasn't let me down yet!

8)
  • Reply 15 of 23
    messiahmessiah Posts: 1,689member
    23" Cinema HD Display.
  • Reply 16 of 23
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    MacOS X. Without it, Macs would just be like any other computer, albeit with pretty styling.

And running it on my 1.8GHz G5 with 1.5 GB of RAM is a nice experience.
  • Reply 17 of 23
    Quote:

Originally posted by johnq

Apple's forthcoming SpongePod Squarepants, of course!

ca-ching!

Outstanding! An iPod you can use in the bathtub!

Nice one!

Marc
  • Reply 18 of 23
    iPod, and iTunes. without them, my mac experience would be far less enjoyable
  • Reply 19 of 23
    DOS 3.3

Going from 13 to 16 sectors made life so much better!
  • Reply 20 of 23
    gongon Posts: 2,437member
    I already named iBook as the best hardware, but I also gotta say OS X is the best software. I'm not that much into iApps. I use some of them but if they weren't there, I'd use something else, no prob. Most of my frequent use programs are multiplatform (Firefox, Thunderbird, VLC, Azureus, Gaim (AdiumX runs on LibGaim)). I understand Apple makes very very good pro media apps but that's not my field.