How to delete .Mac account from Mail?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
As I'm selling an old iMac I need to know how to delete .Mac account from the Mail app. I have gone to ...user/...library/...Mail and cleand it from there. Then to Mail's Preferences but there's no option there on how to delete the account! I have wiped out my info from the .Mac prefs pane but nothing seems to help! It's like it's kinda stuck there!!

I can't delete the whole user account because the new owner (my sister) needs loads of stuff there and I've promised here she can take it over in the current condition.

Any help appreciated :o)

-kelib

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    You can go into Accounts in the Preferences pane and disable it. This works under 10.3
  • Reply 2 of 4
    kelibkelib Posts: 740member
    Quote:

Originally posted by talksense101

You can go into Accounts in the Preferences pane and disable it. This works under 10.3

That's not enough for me. I wan't to REMOVE it alltogether. This must be possible, right?
  • Reply 3 of 4
    If you go into preferences highlight the .Mac account and click the "-" button underneath the list box, it will ask if you want to remove the account. I assume this'll get rid of it, but for obvious reasons I didn't go any further
  • Reply 4 of 4
    kelibkelib Posts: 740member
    Quote:

Originally posted by danielctull

If you go into preferences highlight the .Mac account and click the "-" button underneath the list box, it will ask if you want to remove the account. I assume this'll get rid of it, but for obvious reasons I didn't go any further

Thanks mate, it worked