Converting Video to Flash

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Hi everyone

Does anyone have a preferred tool for converting video clips to flash?

Something inexpensive would be preferable.

Many thanks

Del

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    The only way I've ever been able to do it successfully is by embedding the flash .swf in director, and thenexporting the director file to video.

If you try to export to video straigt from flash, only the first frame of all of your (sub) movieclips will render. (i.e. everything would need to be flattened out on the main timeline)
  • Reply 2 of 4
    amoryaamorya Posts: 1,103member
    Quote:

Originally posted by disco

The only way I've ever been able to do it successfully is by embedding the flash .swf in director, and thenexporting the director file to video.

If you try to export to video straigt from flash, only the first frame of all of your (sub) movieclips will render. (i.e. everything would need to be flattened out on the main timeline)

He wants to go the other way, video to flash.

I've no idea why anyone would want to do that, btw - you won't gain any filesize benefits, and video embedded in Flash always plays horribly and jumps all over the place. Why not just use Quicktime?

Amorya
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Oh, silly me. I read that wrong.

If you have Flash MX Professional 2004, you already have Flash Video Exporter. (It's included on the Flash CD. You can also download it from the Flash Support Center as part of Flash Video Updater 1.2. Also, you need to have Flash MX Professional 2004 installed to run Flash Video Exporter.) This exporter hooks into all QuickTime-based exporters that ship with popular video editing software including Final Cut Pro and Express; Avid Media Composer, Xpress DV, and Xpress Pro; and batch encoding applications such as Discreet Cleaner and Anystream Agility.

Link:

http://www.macromedia.com/support/fl...#fmxpro_vid_up
  • Reply 4 of 4
    newnew Posts: 3,244member
    soerenson squeeze is perfect for the job.