iphone pic?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
I did a google image search for iphone and found a compelling image of an iphone created by Sony Ericsson (well actually a box).

Has this made the rounds before? Perhaps just a marketing prop? It looks very authentically Apple (colors, font, language, icons, etc.), but the buttons on the phone seem so 2004 (t616).

I wonder...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 17
    newnew Posts: 3,244member
    It wasn't created by sony ericsson, but by a british design magazine...
  • Reply 2 of 17
    besides...I would shoot myself if Apple teamed up with SE to make a phone
  • Reply 3 of 17
    rageousrageous Posts: 2,170member
    Apple quit using that Garamond font a long time ago.

Old. Probably BS too.
  • Reply 4 of 17
    newnew Posts: 3,244member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Slotracer152

I think they almost did.
  • Reply 5 of 17
    Its an old photoshop job published as a mock Apple advert about a year ago by a UK Mac/Creative magazine, MacFormat or iCreate or something like that. Spot the T610 parts... the bottom half and keypad, the round white panel where the joystick button should be...

• Reply 6 of 17
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    that was an AWAESOME mock-up.

In Rome a few of my friends even went to Apple stores and asked to buy them. No questions asked (this is last year).
  • Reply 7 of 17
    imiloaimiloa Posts: 187member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Slotracer152

what are your specific issues with SE? i've been using a T68i for a couple years. the processor's a bit slow, but otherwise it's a great phone in a small package.
  • Reply 8 of 17
    nebagakidnebagakid Posts: 2,692member
    it looks cool enough

but

Apple is doing stuff with Motorlalala
  • Reply 9 of 17
    Quote:

Originally posted by imiloa

what are your specific issues with SE? i've been using a T68i for a couple years. the processor's a bit slow, but otherwise it's a great phone in a small package.

I've had both a t68 and a 610...and with both of them...if you held your hand in the wrong spot...you would lose signal completely...then my t68 finally crapped out...they have all sorts of great features...but as phones they sucks
  • Reply 10 of 17
    cubistcubist Posts: 954member
    I've got a T226... cheapest little plastic bar-o-soap phone, but it has great reception, great sound and a nice display. Buttons still very tiny, but on the whole it's a good phone.
  • Reply 11 of 17
    rbrrbr Posts: 631member
    Quote:

Originally posted by imiloa

I had a SE T616. It sucked. I gave it back. Terrible voice quality when it did manage to keep a connection and made a whole bunch of sounds that interfered with making a call and actually being able to understand the other person. SE has no idea whatsoever in the design (and content) of the personal information stored in the phone. It is very out of date.
  • Reply 12 of 17
    i have a t637 and its just fine. looks like u got the shitty one of the bunch, i know that the t610/616 are generally very reliable phones. but, the t226 is actually the biggest hunk of crap known to man. that model (along with the t237) have so many problems. ill admit that the camera in the t610/637 arent very good at all, but then again thats what my powershot is for. the s700i/s710a are the sweetest phones ever, imo.
  • Reply 13 of 17
    Quote:

Originally posted by Cam'ron

i have a t637 and its just fine. looks like u got the shitty one of the bunch, i know that the t610/616 are generally very reliable phones. but, the t226 is actually the biggest hunk of crap known to man. that model (along with the t237) have so many problems. ill admit that the camera in the t610/637 arent very good at all, but then again thats what my powershot is for. the s700i/s710a are the sweetest phones ever, imo.

Thanks for the update re: T637.

I am glad to hear that it is better than the T616. There were lots of people with ATTWS who had the same experience that I did with the T616. In fact there was someone who went to the trouble of recording the sound problems and posting them here on HoFo. I did speak with SE about the T637 about the time that it was released and it suffers from the same limitations as the T616 in regards to the number of phone numbers per entry in the phone book and other problems such as having to go into the edit mode to pull up an email address if you wanted to give it to someone. I do not know if the 700 series rectified that problem though as I had made other arrangements by that point in time.

Yea, the cameras are pretty poor. None of the phone companies seem to understand that there are a lot of people out there who do what you do...use a real camera if you want a decent picture of something. I would rather that they ditch the cameras in at least some of the phones and spend the money and effort on making the phones better. Besides, there are more and more places that simply do not allow camera phones.

Cheers!
  • Reply 14 of 17
    basically the 637 is an updated version of the 616, onyl real difference is design and it has tft screen where the t616 doesnt. what are the sound troubles you have? cuz i hear a lot that att has some pretty piss poor service, network and customer wise. i admit reception isnt magical but its been fine for me and i know a couple people with the t610 and its fine. but, the s700/710 has an amazing screen and its a 1.3 mp camera, so its pretty good. it also supports up to 128 mb memory sticks. remember, sony ericsson (as the joint company) is very young in life and i could see great things from them. their high end phones have the best designs and their m2m is far better then motorola. i just wish north america had the technology that europe and asia do. they kick the shit out of us in the cell phone dept, especially canada, man we suck for cell phones!

ps. i dont care who makes it, ide buy an apple cell phone! im going to get one for sure (even if its just software support)
  • Reply 15 of 17
    Quote:

Originally posted by Cam'ron

basically the 637 is an updated version of the 616, onyl real difference is design and it has tft screen where the t616 doesnt. what are the sound troubles you have? cuz i hear a lot that att has some pretty piss poor service, network and customer wise. i admit reception isnt magical but its been fine for me and i know a couple people with the t610 and its fine. but, the s700/710 has an amazing screen and its a 1.3 mp camera, so its pretty good. it also supports up to 128 mb memory sticks. remember, sony ericsson (as the joint company) is very young in life and i could see great things from them. their high end phones have the best designs and their m2m is far better then motorola. i just wish north america had the technology that europe and asia do. they kick the shit out of us in the cell phone dept, especially canada, man we suck for cell phones!

ps. i dont care who makes it, ide buy an apple cell phone! im going to get one for sure (even if its just software support)

I do not recall all of the particulars about the changes in the T637, but I recall that there was a new antenna (module) and several other changes that were aimed at reception problems and the fading in and out (it sounded like a kid dragging a stick on a picket fence) with dropped signals that were the most common problem. The rest I was prepared to overlook, but I tired of dropping calls, people asking me to call back when I could get a better connection or me asking them to repeat themselves because I could not make out enough of their conversation to guess what they were saying. The Nokias I have used since have much better reception and voice quality, but lack iSync capability unfortunately.

I am waiting to see just what sort of phone Apple introduces...maybe it will be next month! Unless there is something really good I will probably just stick with a basic phone and get an iPod that I can sync my iCal and Address book with. It is a read only proposition, but then I get the iTunes music with it :-)
  • Reply 16 of 17
    Must. Resist. Irony. Impulse. iPhone mockup
  • Reply 17 of 17
    Quote:

Originally posted by curiousuburb

Must. Resist. Irony. Impulse. iPhone mockup

lol...transporter not included?