Error Code (-199)

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I am getting the following message whenever I try to open anything on my Beige G3 running 9.2.2: "The resource map is inconsistent with that operation. (-199)"

Can it be corrected or am I screwed?

Beige G3, Sonnet 1Gig, 768 RAM, Seagate 80Gig (9.2.2), Seagate 40Gig (10.3.4), ATI 7000, Sonnet Tempo Trio, Apple 10/100 Ethernet.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    :-):-) Posts: 110member
    Quote:

Originally posted by GrannySmith

I am getting the following message whenever I try to open anything on my Beige G3 running 9.2.2: "The resource map is inconsistent with that operation. (-199)"

Can it be corrected or am I screwed?

Beige G3, Sonnet 1Gig, 768 RAM, Seagate 80Gig (9.2.2), Seagate 40Gig (10.3.4), ATI 7000, Sonnet Tempo Trio, Apple 10/100 Ethernet.

Have you tried to repair your hard drive? if not start up from the system disk and use the disk first aid program (in the disk utilities folder OS 9 or under the file menu in the installer OS X and here it's called disk utility) to repair the disk. I think this should repair the resource map...
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Tried your suggestions along with reinstalling system software, ran Disk Warrior and even stooped to using Norton Utilities to no avail.

From now on I am backing up EVERY DAT vice every other.

Thanks for your suggestions and time.