Free HFS+ on XP?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I know of programs such as MacDrive and MacDisk and others for viewing HFS+ volumes on a Winblows (oops, i meant windows) PC.

My questions is, are there any free programs for doing that. I need to connect my HFS+ external HD to my sisters computer (Win XP). normally i would reformat to FAT 32 but i have stuff on it and that stuff has fils over 4gb.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    I think the makers of MacDrive offer a 30-day trial version if all you need to do is a one time transfer.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    That may work but i may need it agian in two months. I would need it rarely but i will need it in the long term.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Why not just file transfer?
  • Reply 4 of 6
    i need to put files on the external drive for backup and file transfer would take forever but that may be my only option. thanks
  • Reply 5 of 6
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jwink3101

i need to put files on the external drive for backup and file transfer would take forever but that may be my only option. thanks

You could use FireWire over IP and then transfer the file over SMB (or equivalent).
  • Reply 6 of 6
    You could also try booting the PC into Linux with a Knoppix Live CD. That (might?) be able to read the HFS+ drive and your windows drive.